Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RCD
Nowadays, the RCD is almost completely useless. You get 30 points of ammo for it, and then it's almost impossible to make more, and the cyborgs have a limitless use of RCD and don't even have to recharge it.

Making it to where when you try to suicide with it, you turn into a living wall instead of dying would be pretty funny I think.

making RCD ammo easier to get/different might help too. I personally think the RCD should run off of power cells, but can't destroy walls without the matter cartridges. That way, you can use it to help the station easily, but destroying it would be somewhat more difficult.

Finally, there should be more than a single starting RCD. That way when all of medbay/research blows up, humans can actually do something to help the conborgs.

Feel free to stone me/add your own suggestions.
Personally i love the RCD exactly as it is.
Big construction projects call for engineers or useful crew with a stack of metal, not a magic station gun.
The RCD exists for quick emergency uses by head of staff, not building rooms or large scale repairs.

As for needing matter to destroy things, but not build? What? If anything you should refill the gun by destroying things. The limitations on the RCD are fine as is, you cant build a ton or destroy a ton, so people rarely use it to grief. if all it took was electricity to build things every jackass would want to steal it to fill the hallways with walls.
Jeez, if you want RCD's running off energy cells just go become a construction borg.
I agree with possibly another RCD being available from the start, but I'm not so sure on it running on Batteries. Only if it absolutely fucking DEVOURED power, like three uses per 15000 battery.

One thing I wish it could do was make furniture; tables, lights, things like that. Construction borg life is a bit dull, and if it just had a simple list pop-up that allowed you to pick what you were making, that would work fine for more options.
Hokie Wrote:Jeez, if you want RCD's running off energy cells just go become a construction borg.
That's kinda my point, but sometimes I'd like to be able to build floors when medbay blows up without having to borg myself for any kind of build speed. It can be a pain to have to bring huge stacks of rods/floor panels and have to lay them down, especially since humans can't exactly survive in space well unless EVA was hacked open.

Weavel Wrote:I agree with possibly another RCD being available from the start, but I'm not so sure on it running on Batteries. Only if it absolutely fucking DEVOURED power, like three uses per 15000 battery.

One thing I wish it could do was make furniture; tables, lights, things like that. Construction borg life is a bit dull, and if it just had a simple list pop-up that allowed you to pick what you were making, that would work fine for more options.

I was thinking it should cost assloads of electricity, but I don't really think anyone would use the RCD for anything like chairs/tables or anything.