Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else having those weird problems with byond client?
1) the coordinates of the click hotspots are off a bit to the right, that means
if i want to click something i have to move the cursor a bit to the right of where the sprite of that particular item is
this is especially painful when trying to click very small things (e.g. ants)

2) sometimes the chat window scrolls up to the very beginning after every new message.
impossible to follow a conversation with the chat window jumping around like that

anyone else having those problems? or does anyone know a solution?
Uh I have no idea how to fix problem number 1 but as for 2 thats something weird that happens when you highlight something In chat. To fix number 2 just simply click the bottom of the chat box on your right.
I have this weird problem where byond works like a normal, functional client, I'm sure this is unintentional as byond isn't designed to actually work to any degree of effectiveness. I find that rubbing a magnet on your hard drive will help correct this issue.
Are you running the beta version of BYOND (v507) by any chance? Because i've been experiencing chat scrolling funky-ness after upgrading (because DM can't compile /vg/ otherwise)

As for the mouse pointer, might be system related, try if it only applies to BYOND, because Otherwise google's gonna be a better friend