Thirtiethelement's Mentor App
Usual Character Name: Matt Dales
BYOND Username: Thirtiethelement
Recommended by (if applicable): BaneOfGiygas
Times Available: Weekdays, it's 4:00 to about 10:00, but it varies. Weekends, you've got my undivided attention.

Reason for Application + Game Experience: (300 words minimum)
I really feel like I've got a lot of knowledge of this game built up. I've been playing for about... I believe, three or four months now. Over this relatively short amount of time, I've become extremely involved in Goonstation and its many, many secrets. While I can't confess that I know everything there is to know, I've definitely learned enough to teach others about what's what aboard the station. In my travels across this Nanotrasen piece-of-shit space hulk, I've reliably learned how to perform many jobs throughout the station, I've figured out the proper formulas for many, though not all, of the secret chemicals, and I've compiled comprehensive research on subjects ranging from Telescience maps to the advanced functions of ThinkDOS. I will admit that I'm not exactly perfect in all of my knowledge, and I do have a few blank areas here and there. But I have enough information on all available roles aboard the station to reliably teach another person about how to perform them. And that brings me to my actual reason for applying.

Once I really got a feel for 2D SpaceMans Game, I found myself noticing the new guys who ran around, not really understanding exactly what was going on onboard the station. You've probably seen them yourself. Perhaps they smacked you with your own PDA, or somehow managed to lose their heart and started wondering what was going on. Or, in some cases, maybe the Traitor Roboticist stapled their ass to their head and set them off into the halls to cry for help. While this is undeniably hilarious to the point of sides dying throughout the universe, I feel that what I've learned could probably help these people. Space Station 13, in its very essence, is EXTREMELY confusing. You spawn somewhere on a massive station, not knowing what's going on, and you're left to your own devices to figure out how to do the job everyone's asking you to do. I like to give a helping hand, or point someone in the right direction on a recipe, but it feels like I don't really get to do that much. If I happen to stumble upon someone trying to figure something out, I'll offer to lend a hand, but I feel my information could best serve by being an actual mentor. Having the ability to teach people how to deal with their jobs without having to show up on the scene in their time of need would be a really great way to help out the community.

Previous Bans: I've never been banned, to my knowledge.
If he can just about single-handedly make me into a fairly successful spaceman from scratch in the span of about a month or two, which he did, then I say that he has the knowledge base and willingness to qualify him for the purpletext.
Given that you both have mentor apps open yet you recommend each other, I can't take either of you seriously. Plus I have never heard of you.
Eeyup, and this is when I realized that I completely misread the disclaimer about not posting on mentor applications when you have your own mentor application up. Feel free to take whatever grains of salt you had allocated to my above recommendation and discard them out of the nearest available window.