Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Throat Slashing
Ever since the addition of the new blood system, why not make new attacks/items based around it?

I propose two possibilities for this, choose whichever you prefer:

1)Can be done with any sharp objects (Knife, scalpel, saw, glass shard, etc.)

2)Can only be done with a syndicate dagger (maybe add those to the PDA by default?)

Here's how it could be done:

Grab somebody by the neck (neck grab), target the head with the harm intent, and hit them with your weapon. It would deal very little brute damage, make you instantly lose your grip (blood is slippery!), and cause SEVERE bleeding right away.

"omg so creepy! the evil ISIS dudes do these things, waaaah!"

Shut up.
I want evil chaplain to do this to open a portal to the Abyss and summon killer cluwnes.
i feel like this would tie better into just a syndie dagger thing, or maybe a special thing for the chaplain like a blood sacrifice? the more human blood spilled with the dagger in this fashion would give the chaplain some buffs/minor spells or powers? maybe the blood has to be spilled in the chapel, or in a certain area the chaplain designates as a "blood altar" of some sort? the idea itself sounds pretty cool

it just seems like an attack that could get old fast and turn into the new instant strangle, depending on how much damage severe bleeding actually does.
I'd be worried about how powerful this would be. More interactive ways of harming people with objects would be cool though.
I don't know about throat slashing, but here's a cool thing that could take advantage of bleeding, add caltrops for traitors. Caktrops would work pretty much exactly like stepping on glass without shoes does now, but could add bleeding as well.
Kaet Wrote:I'd be worried about how powerful this would be. More interactive ways of harming people with objects would be cool though.

I think it would be slightly less powerful than the regular "grab the neck and wait" technique that is currently used.

Why? Because the severe bleeding, if I remember correctly, will kill you in approximately 1 minute if left untreated.

This is just about the same as strangling someone to death but if the throat slashing is implemented the way I suggested it (cut throat and automatically let go) it would give the victims to a chance to ask for help over the radio/run to the medbay before bleeding out, unlike being strangled which leaves you completely defenseless.

atomic1fire Wrote:I don't know about throat slashing, but here's a cool thing that could take advantage of bleeding, add caltrops for traitors. Caktrops would work pretty much exactly like stepping on glass without shoes does now, but could add bleeding as well.

Sure, I guess I could start a new thread where people could suggest new syndicate items based around blood.
Idea: set to grab intent, grab victim with one hand. Use knife in other hand to slash their throat. The grab would have to be a full on death grab or something to make this not OP or abused too much. Although im p sure it could be abused no matter what. Just a thought anyway.