Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mechanics Contraptions
Recently cogwerks hosted an extended round on #1, and tasked people to build contraptions with mechanic components. I recorded the contraptions I built, if anyone else built cool things/builds cool things in the future, please post recordings or writeups of your contraptions!

Remote Fire Alarms
Microphone Spy
Door Trap
Was discussing some fun ideas with cogwerks. I've built some things.

Some are annoying, some are deadly.

Find a dark maintenance tunnel. Wire a pressure sensor to three delay components. Wire the delay components to a gun components 2 tiles in front of the pressure sensor. Load in a riot shotgun.

That cluster of vending machines by QM? Cartyparty etc. Get as many delay components as you can and then some. Drop n' wrench one by itself, move a couple tiles over and drop n' wrench another. Connect the first delay to the second and then connect the second to ALL vending machines. On the 2nd delay you dropped drop another and wire the first delay off to the side to it, keep stacking delay components on top of eachother wiring them to all vending machines from a single delay component.

Wire two pressure sensors, one at each airlock to both the first delay (to set off all the other delays) and to the fire alarms. Run as far as possible from the barrage of brute damage.

AI seem new? Betcha he doesn't know how to turn alarms off. Is the new AI being a butt? Good. Wire a pressure sensor to as many delay components as you can and then wire those to a fire alarm. Run back and forth across the pressure sensor until the AI suicides.

Flusher Fuckery,

Get a stack of glass sheets. Put a trunk n' flusher in the middle of electronics. Build a pipe to eject right below the mulebot mark on the floor. Y'know where those bastards cut your wall apart to steal your spiffy yellow mitts? Break about 50 thin windows over the flusher and rig a button to it. Someone cutting your wall? Press the button and give 'em what for with a faceful of glass.

Use secret door walls to your advantage as a terrible syndie. Get some crusher frames, hide all the deconstructors. You know those awesome secret door walls which show nothing but black void on the other side? <secret wall door><crusher><secret wall door> just place these in high traffice maintenance tunnels to hide the gibs.

Got the die a glorious death objective? Steal all the bars, all of them. Rapidly deploy crusher frames in all the hallways/escape, as make an awesome obstacle course. You know what makes it more fun? Add emagged firebots to the mix.

Crates HURT bad when flung by gravitrons, a single crate will blow limbs off.

This is the most rudimentary of things. Not even getting into signal fuckery.
Not mine, but someone made one of those graviton accelerators and I think it was activated by button, and at some point someone (maybe me) figured out you can launch objects, including lockers.

So uh it turned out that lockers flying down the hallway are actually pretty dangerous.

So yeah you can build locker catapults in mechanics.
atomic1fire Wrote:Not mine, but someone made one of those graviton accelerators and I think it was activated by button, and at some point someone (maybe me) figured out you can launch objects, including lockers.

So uh it turned out that lockers flying down the hallway are actually pretty dangerous.

So yeah you can build locker catapults in mechanics.
Rail cannons. Rail cannons are the best, except for when people wrench up your accelerators.
Also rigging teleporter components so that when people step on them they get spaced. Pretty rude.

One design I was trying as a traitor once but got caught making was a teleporter>accelerator setup to push people into the disposal grinder.
So I came up with this idea at the last minute after a dude was breaking into mechanics.

Only problem is it's kinda hard to conceal and set up without turning on.

Go into the inner grille area, set down a graviton accelerator + pressure switch on top of eachother, hidden under some floor tiles and put the grille back.

If you can set it up right any turd who tries to break in will immediately be thrown backwards and opt to not break into mechanics, primarily because they'll see that one easy spot to break into mechanics, be dumb enough to destroy both grilles and set off your landmine.

I call it a gravity landmine.

You could replace it with a teleporter to somewheres else if you want to be a jerk, but being thrown backwards is probably less dangerous most of the time.
http://i.imgur.com/IfY83ir.png

Here's a pick of the thing sans grille. It worked too well, some dude kept running into and a mechanic got so mad he may have beat that guy to death.