Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are You Afraid of the Dark?
I know it's been just over a month since Halloween, but I've been thinking: I don't think I've ever seen an actual spooky thread on here. Essentially, I want to see your guys' spooky stories involving the paranormal/normal/aliens/realmonsters. I figured I'd need to come up with something to break the ice, so here's something that happened to me and a few friends in highschool.

Code:
One night me and 3 friends did "The Dare", which is a sort of ritual thing where you get a mirror, matches, ripped up squares of paper, a pen... other things I probably missed. Anyway, you take these things and you go to a graveyard. Of course, we took a really obscure and out-of-the-way graveyard which happened to be next to an abandoned cabin with a chain-linked fence, behind it a jungle jim.

So this was kind of creepy, great. It added to the atmosphere. Mind you that this "ritual" had only one purpose, which was to scare you. It wasn't some satanic "give your soul to the devil and reap great rewards" sort of deal. Literally just a spooky thing. With that said, absolutely shit all happened. We had to write letters pertaining to the name on the oldest tombstone in the graveyard, and we did, and at the end of it we were left with 4 squares of paper that were supposed to spell something spooky. It spelled "JAWS". So, we spent the rest of the time there laughing about how "ooooh we better not go swimming tomorrow" and cleaning up our shit. But while we were cleaning up, somebody pulled in to this in-the-woods alley with one vacant cabin, and a graveyard. We were standing over a gravestone with our heads down at it so I had the brilliant idea to say "LOOK LIKE YOU'RE MOURNING".

So, that happened, and the car started moving again and went all the way down the alley thing. My friends started to cheese it, and I was walking all cool & calm (trying to be the one that wasn't really afraid of anything) like a dumbass, and I was way behind everyone else. Meanwhile, I see lights reflect off my friend's car window, and behind me the car was actually coming. Likewise, I cheesed it, and we just got out of there.

In retrospect, this was probably someone just going for a drive or taking their honey out to some obscure driveway in the woods, but we were already amped up from doing a ritual inside a graveyard. Needless to say, we were all spooked, but the ritual itself was sort of anticlimactic.

P.S. one of our friends was super religious and I forgot to mention to him (or anyone) that in the text was something pertaining to "if you pirated this shit you agree to have your soul given to the devil." I pirated it.  :v:
Only partially related, but I used to live in a house that is literally over 100 years old, had a very bad residential track record, and is on the same block as the local graveyard. Also my room was in the corner of the basement. The only reason I wasn't thoroughly spooked was because I was a young and ignorant little shit, but if I can think of one house that's probably haunted, it's gotta be that one.
Are we talking about spooky things that happened to us? OH shit we're talking about spooky things that happened to us.

Also, I hope you like words, because that's what I have. Words.

Code:
When I was 12 I found myself in quite a predicament. At the time I lived in a nice house that we had been doing some renovations on for a while, and spent most of my time playing video games. The room in which I played video games was a large entertainment room, with a huge TV and comfortable chairs. In the corner of the room there was a door, and behind the door there was a very small room that housed some sort of household utility, though what it was I do not know. The room was maybe 3x3 feet in size, and was lit by a single hanging light-bulb. I had never been particularly interested in this room, as it smelled like stagnant water and was uninteresting. However, on this particular day, I found myself fixated on this door.

On this particular day the handle to the door began to shake. At first it was a very slight shake, but quickly became a more violent one. Now, I was no stranger to horror. Horror was my genre, my thing, I loved it. Despite that, though, this was real to me. This door, that should have nothing inside of it besides a large machine, was violently shaking. In a moment I was overcome by two feelings: A sense of dread that made me was to be somewhere else very far away, and a sense of morbid curiosity that made me want to open the door. The curiosity won.

The door to the small room was white with a brass door knob, which also happened to have a lock on it. The door was currently unlocked, which made me feel uneasy. The handle was still shaking, and I had to know why. I gripped the doorknob firmly and could feel very slight vibrations coming from the other side. I gripped it tighter and began to pull, however the door didn't give. I tried again, a bit harder, yet still the door refused to move. Fed up, I grabbed it with both hands and leaned away from the door, using the strength of both my arms and legs to get the door open. After five seconds of this struggle the door gave would at the time I would say was one centimeter. I don't have a more precise measurement because after examining it for a moment it immediately receded right back into the door frame. With this came a very powerful feeling of something being wrong, one that propelled me through the room, out the door and up the stairs.

I sat upstairs and waited for my father to return home before even thinking about going back downstairs. I explained to him what had happened, and he almost immediately had an explanation. While renovating the downstairs he had hung his toolbelt on the inside doorknob of that door. He explained that when I pulled the door back the toolbelt must've swung in such a way that it pulled the door back into place. I tried telling him this didn't really explain any of what happened, but he ignored that and took me to the door. It was no longer shaking, and when my father went to open it it opened with ease. However, what was on the other side did not help calm me down. On the other side of the door was nothing. No toolbelt, no figure, nothing. My father made no comment besides "See, nothing there" before leaving me to my own devices.

Skip forward a month or so, I'm desperately searching for my favorite knife in my knife collection. After searching the whole house I end up at the door, still weary of previous events. I grip the doorknob, no vibrations. I open the door up with ease, no resistance. I flip on the hanging light, and spot something glinting behind the machine. When I reach back to grab it I am greeted by my missing knife.
Like BaneofGiygas has, I live in a house that's pretty damn old, maybe just now pushing one hundred years old.
Code:
Three years ago, I moved in and it was pretty shitty. The house itself isn't too great, to say the least. Getting to the point, when I moved in about a month or two passing, some shit started to happen. Most of the stuff that happened at first were pretty minor. Dumb electrical bullshit, stuff turning on and off, and my cats chasing and meowing at nothing. Then something happened to my brother that must have scared him shitless. He's not one to be easily afraid, but he apparently saw something in the house one night while he was playing some shit and got freaked out. He never really told me what, but it apparently was some thing that liked to peak its head inside his door once in a while and stare and scared him. Luckily, I never saw this or I would have ran outside screaming on the top if my lungs. After that incident he decided to get some Holy Water for him and I. He sprinkled it in his room and that ended that. I never really fell for his stories too much, but it did scare me a little. Jump a little to May 2012, and I'm in the living room watching some movie at like 2:00 A.M. I'm petting my cat on my lap, not really getting any sleep, and just no lights on because I don't want to want to waste energy. Also just to add cliche to my story, it actually was storming that night. My cats looking at a wall and meowing, I'm a little confused, but think its just the sound of rain hitting the roof that he hears(I live on the top floor of the house, the neighbors take the other floors and get flooding problems.) Getting to the point, I decide to look to the kitchen and saw some guy staring at me from the fridge. I couldn't make out any details on the guy, either too dark, or it was a shadow figure. My instant reaction to that was run and turn every single light on in the house. I spent the rest of the night on the couch sitting straight up and hoping for the morning to come like FnaF, before FNaF.

After that nothing too major has happened after that. I forgot to put in that around the same time my brother saw the ghost guy, I heard someone walking up the stairs from outside into the house to the front door, then going down and repeating until around 12. Then something straight out of Pultergeist, my kitchen chairs were stacked on the table for some dumb reason. Also, Kinect loves to sign in my brother in the most random moments. Like, I could be sitting still, not talking, and the damn thing will sign him in. Kinect could be confusing me for him, but that has never happened to me before. Fun Fact: Shit tons of people like to use kinect to find ghosts because of it hardware and stuff too.
Not really for me.
I'm scared of mongooses though.
Oh, something I forgot to mention: In a few cases at my old house, when I was in bed in the dead of night, my bedroom lamp had a tendency to flicker. For clarification, I mean flicker ON, not off like usual. Granted, said lamp was old and faulty as shit, but it was still rather ingriguing and/or eerie nevertheless.