Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gimmick jobchat
Quote:Conor The Doomed stammers, "TTTThiss iiss hhiighhlly iillllleggal!!"
Franklin Briner hits the steel-reinforced decent glass window with Stun Baton.
the steel-reinforced decent glass window has been hit by Franklin Briner with Stun Baton
Franklin Briner hits the steel-reinforced decent glass window with Stun Baton.
Franklin Briner says, "DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY"
Franklin Briner shows you: Franklin Briner's ID Card (Diplomat): assignment: Diplomat

I would like to read more stories about how these jobs are influencing rounds. Post about gimmick-job mishaps and goings-ons, please!
The same day that gimmick jobs were first added, I joined as the lizard diplomat. Simply yelling DIPLOMATIC INCIDENT every time some minor assault happened and playing up weird cultural strictures was fun.
Got a gimmick job as an actor.

Decided that as an Actor I was going to audition for the movie version of beepsky.

Begin following beepsky around, taking notes on the beepsky character and thinking of ideas to make the role of beepsky more humanizing, like a security sidekick.

Beepsky starts wildly arresting people, I follow along yelling LEVEL 4 INFRACTION or something, beepsky is arresting everyone but me. I like to think an admin somewhere had his or her eye out and was laughing their face off as the actor who played beepsky was left untouched.

Eventually I tried to kill beepsky because he kept arresting people and I'm pretty sure the little robot was mad with power. Then the round ended.

Made for great character notes and I discovered how to use the clipboard correctly. Did you know you can combine it with the pen (by clicking the clipboard with the pen) for better note taking.?
Barely not a gimmick job but, I've made wild variety of drink mixes as bartender involving a lot of jokes, such as cappetulin and morphine spiked beverages that are to die for, glitter infused bloody mary's I refer to as the "Twilight special", Color Reagent infused clown cola, and a few others I have in the works, including the whole heisenberg meth special.
i have an idea for Salesman rounds where i fund crewmember's business ideas with gold bars in "Bee Tank," but i haven't had a chance to really do it yet

are martian diplomats still in? please give them a special uniform or something not being able to wear anything is supes annoying
Not really a gimmick job thing, but since we're sharing funny things to do during a job.

Do paperwork as a doctor using medtrak after each procedure, doctor is really boring if you haven't anything to do and trying to explain goon events in medical terms is funny.

I made up Sudden Owl Syndrome, to explain that someone exploded in front of medbay and an owl was found in the remains.

Made notes on mutadone being used for more treatments then not.

I also explained how a patient got an arm reattached, but decided to make a run for it before I could stitch them up, blood everywhere. I had to redo the suturing.
One day I was AN ANGRY GHOST, a Martian Diplomat. I explained to the station that Martians go through several state changes throughout their lives, and one is a ghostly one. The anger was a mistranslation. A journalist came up to interview me while I was receiving the customary human greeting of being pushed down and farted on (and shanked once with a broken bottle). I explained that I was there to try out fine human cuisine, and that the chef on the station was highly reccomended. As the Chef busied himself preparing a fine banquet for his guest, the Captain walked up to me, the journalist, and bystanders, and shot himself in the head with a russian revolver.

His macrobomb ensured no survivors.

I then floated around the bar for 10 minutes, commenting mournfully that the Chef's food looked delicious and that it would take me 20 years to reform as a solid-state Martian. The VOX later stated "Chef. You. Are. Good."
When the gimmick jobs were first added, I didn't actually know about them, and spawned as a traitor. Got a surplus crate which had some useless rubbish and a revolver. So, naturally, when I wandered down the hall and encountered a friendly Martian and his entourage, my response was to shout "HAIL GODS OF WAR" and gun him down in the name of starting an international incident.
My only firsthand experience with gimmick jobs was when I came in as a journalist and promptly began going around the station, writing my report on the station, which was named Asteroid Store 66 or something like that. Upon realizing that there was a changeling around, I tried getting an "inside scoop"...by which I mean going right into the alleged lair of the changeling. I was even gonna ask it for an interview, but I ended up dying later. In my last dying breath, I called everyone on the station a filthy liar, because there was not a single asteroid on sale.

10/10 experience, would do again.
Spawned as a head of the board, got held up by a traitor for my gold bars, in return he spare my life. Obviously word must have got round that i had alot of gold bars, because another traitor held me up for one two. Then i went to the bridge and got drunk on win and mumbled stuff about assests, figures, YTD and stuff
Jadon Stange says, "You!"
This is Jadon Stange.
You look closely at Jadon Stange.
This is Jadon Stange!
Jadon Stange is wearing a lawyer's suit.
Jadon Stange is wearing Jadon Stange's ID Card (Diplomat).
Jadon Stange looks slightly injured!
Jadon Stange says, "Human man!"
The soda machine beeps, "Everyone can see Orange-Aid is best!"
Old Man Jenkins says, "nice job"
Old Man Jenkins lays down a spicy riff on his saxophone!
Old Man Jenkins plays a upbeat tune with his harmonica!
Jadon Stange says, "You are dressed to the standards of your culture's upper class."
Jadon Stange says, "Are you the captain?"
Old Man Jenkins plays a chilling tune with his harmonica!
Old Man Jenkins asks, "no, but have you heard of anime?"
Old Man Jenkins plays a delightful tune with his harmonica!
Old Man Jenkins lays down a flirtatious riff on his saxophone!
Old Man Jenkins plays a chilling tune with his harmonica!
Jadon Stange says, "Annie..May? Yesssss. One of my Americessssse tutorsssss had that name."
Old Man Jenkins lays down a sexy riff on his saxophone!
Old Man Jenkins plays a delightful tune with his harmonica!
Old Man Jenkins says, "no, you green fuck"
Old Man Jenkins says, "anime"
Your intent is now set to 'harm'.
Now targeting the head.
Old Man Jenkins says, "listen"
Jadon Stange says, "Annie May, yessss. And I have been with many femalessss of my sssspeciessss."
Jadon Stange says, "All green."
Old Man Jenkins says, "in space we settle things with fists"
Old Man Jenkins asks, "so you don't fuck with anime?"
Old Dehrv stares.
Jadon Stange says, "That explainsssss the man in green garb."
Old Man Jenkins says, "i'll kill you, you green dicked fuck"
Old Dehrv says, "oh you're a diplomat"
Old Man Jenkins punches Jadon Stange!
... and lands a devastating hit!
Jadon Stange collapses!
Your intent is now set to 'disarm'.
Old Man Jenkins has been stunned with the stun baton by Old Dehrv!
Old Dehrv has added Stun Baton to the backpack!
Jadon Stange chokes.
Old Man Jenkins stammers, "ffuucckkkinngg"
excellent RP here
OMJ Wrote:Jadon Stange says, "You!"
--pro RP ensues--

That bit at the end was where I walked up and saw the lizard hatred ensue. I had to arrest OMJ for assaulting a diplomatic official, but I would have been more lenient if I saw the whole conversation go down. frown

The diplomat later got into many other fights with his bumbling misunderstanding of human culture, so I had to arrest him once or twice, and save him from getting beaten to a pulp more than just that one time, all in a futile attempt to preserve diplomatic relations with the Lizard Homeworld. Whatever that is. He often demanded assailants be turned into burgers instead of arrested because it was customary on his world. At least one person DID get turned into burgers that round, but I was pretty careful about avoiding doing that, despite my crippling addiction for human flesh, unless I had a pretty good reason for it.

I just had to pick HoS on HoS Friday. This was the first time I did that, to my recollection. It remains one of the favorite rounds I've played in, even if it was a smaller one.

Gimmick jobs are neat.
I was that lizardman diplomat! Haw haw haw I'm really glad you guys remembered that round. I don't know why I started up with the burgers thing, but it seemed a lot less creepy than demanding to just outright eat the offenders, if sillier. Houka played an excellent HoS that round, and everything just came together perfectly.

A Good Light Roleplay Round.
I was a skeleton diplomat and I asked the captain why people were not in their mandatory spooky ghost costumes, as mandated by the treaty signed with Nanotrasen after the Great Skeleton War. The AI got involved too mandating that spooky ghosts costumes were required, I then went and made a bunch of costumes. eventually a traitor decided to use my mandate against the station and changed the AI laws to say that anyone wearing a ghost costume was not human. overall it was a spooky round, but not 2spooky.
Became security union rep (terrible idea).

Tried to convince security to go on strike.

Saved the regional director from his staple wounds (the crazy old man with the chainsaw attacked the regional director with a staple gun) because a injured director is really bad for negotiations.

Stabbed the crazy old man with a knife claiming union justice because he was attacking people and could put my negotiations in jeopardy. Offered to fight him again (after he grabbed a chainsaw and started running around assaulting more people) for the crew if security got a pension. The crew didn't accept those terms and opted to fight him themselves.

I think the crazy old man was oar dehrv and he negatively impacted negotiations and got blood all over my cheap lawyer suit.

(I didn't kill him, I just negotiated terms with a lot of blood loss between the both of us)
Union Thug life