Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some QM ideas
I think the QM could use some new things to order, so here are some ideas I thought of.

-Toolbox crate: Mechanical Toolbox x2, Electrical toolbox x2, Emergency Toolbox x2

Reasoning: I know tools of all sorts can be made at a general fabricator, but the general convenience of obtaining an entire toolbox at once would make people more receptive to ordering it from QM. In their spare time, bored QMs and roboticists could turn them into robots.

-Atmospherics crate: Plasma canister x1, Oxygen canister x1, Nitrogen canister x1, CO2 canister x1, Air scrubber x1, portable air pump x1

Reasoning: Aside from a single fabricator in engineering that's basically never touched, there appears to be no other way to restock gases, so if the QM could order something like this it might be useful for when an engineer wastes all the plasma in engineering storage within the first five minutes.

-Spacefaring crate: Spacesuit set (regular grey spacesuit, jetpack, breath mask, space helmet) x3

Reasoning: Possibly could be command-locked, like the doors in EVA. A way to quickly supply the station in the event of major breaches, because the internals crate often doesn't cut it.

-Foam tank
-Firefighting crate: Firesuit x3, Firebot x3, Fire extinguishers x3

Reasoning: For fighting plasma fires more efficiently.

-Hardware crate: Contains one of each circuit board in tech storage

Reasoning: Although it's rare that those ever go missing when they're needed, there's no harm in having a way to restock them.

-Music Crate: Vuvuzela x1, Bike Horn x1, Harmonica x1, Saxophone x1

Reasoning: Start a band.

-Clown crate: Clown wig and mask x1, clown suit x1, Clown shoes x1, banana peel x1, cream pie x1, box of balloons x1, bike horn x1

Reasoning: honk

In addition to new crates, some other suggestions:

-Have a defibrillator, circular saw and scalpel show up in the medical resupply kit

-Randomize the novelty costumes in the novelty costume crates, because blowing the entire budget on the same seven clothes over and over again isn't quite as fun

-Have more than one cargo transporter in the QM lobby, for more efficiency, or to toss a spare to mining or some other department that needs it.

-Have random space traders sell more high-end luxury goods, like golden pod armor or voltrons, as a reward for the diligent QM

-Include a ruckenginur kit and reverse engineering fabricator in QM, and have random space traders have a chance to sell blueprints of common station equipment, like the cloner or teleporter.

-Revamp the Experimental Local Generator. In its current incarnation it seems fairly pointless, as most power-critical areas (telesci, medbay, genetics etc.) will usually have enough charged power cells nearby that having to charge extra is rarely an issue. Perhaps change it to something that when situated on a wire and activated, will supply power at a slow rate to all APCs within a certain area, or something along that line.
no, make the qm buy the ruckenginur kit to avoid automatically making the mechanics redundant.
The atmospherics crate seems way to generous for a single crate, and I am not ok with the plasma. Mining, gragg and the martian trader (if expensive) are good enough supply of them, especially since every stone now counts as 10 units because bar update (so 1 stone = 1 tank)

The spacefaring crate I dislike because QM can fabricate suits already, the problem being it does take a while. I feel this problem can be approached in a different way but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Defibrillators I don't even know if they can be scanned, but even it they could, a separate medbay tools crate would be nice.

And the ruckinger kit in QM, no. It really would make mechanics redundant.
Why not just merge Mechanics and QM into one department? They have similar purposes of procuring shit for the station.
Morrigi Wrote:Why not just merge Mechanics and QM into one department? They have similar purposes of procuring shit for the station.
I kind of agree on this.
Though I guess it would make mass producing guns and junk too easy.
I don't really think QM should be merged with mechanics, both have their own niches and having them merged would simply give the player too much to do. Yes, the atmospherics crate is probably overly generous, but still a way to order canisters from QM would be useful. And maybe having the ruckenginur kit right there in QM would be a bit much, but I still think random traders selling blueprints of common equipment would be helpful.
I thought a tool box comes in the engineering crate? Also... Tool belts should come in engineering crates.. Cuz' nothin' wrong with more toolbelts....