Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.55 Average
Will the solarium GOOD ending ever be cleared?
(06-16-2017, 11:52 PM)teekeeus Wrote: <DunorbChops> after the round WrongEnd spawned in as Cosmoman Dan and said, "I am a big man in town. Seek that what isn't. SEEK LA LUNA
<DunorbChops> Cirr said, "Wendigo dislikes smoke," "Bring him the polaroid"

Most of those lines look like Binding of Isaac references to me. As follows:
  • "LOOK TO LA LUNA" is one of the nonsense lines spouted out by fortune teller machines in the game.
  • "CHUB DISLIKES SMOKE" is the most common hint received by using the rules card item (Hinting that the "Chub" boss can be fooled into eating a bomb)
  • A polaroid photograph is an important item in both Isaac's gameplay and lore, with you needing to have picked up the polaroid to be able to get into the last area.
What this means is anyone's guess.
(06-17-2017, 01:07 AM)Lord Birb Wrote:
(06-16-2017, 11:52 PM)teekeeus Wrote: <DunorbChops> after the round WrongEnd spawned in as Cosmoman Dan and said, "I am a big man in town. Seek that what isn't. SEEK LA LUNA
<DunorbChops> Cirr said, "Wendigo dislikes smoke," "Bring him the polaroid"

Most of those lines look like Binding of Isaac references to me. As follows:
  • "LOOK TO LA LUNA" is one of the nonsense lines spouted out by fortune teller machines in the game.
  • "CHUB DISLIKES SMOKE" is the most common hint received by using the rules card item (Hinting that the "Chub" boss can be fooled into eating a bomb)
  • A polaroid photograph is an important item in both Isaac's gameplay and lore, with you needing to have picked up the polaroid to be able to get into the last area.
What this means is anyone's guess.

The moon tarot card in Isaac takes you to secret rooms you need bombs to open.
I doubt it will do much but I'll can bomb the moon for us

on a more serious note...the chegget is as we know a martian nuke launching computer thingy, and there is some buddy interaction if they see it on the moon
god dammit does no one recognise "dodongo dislikes smoke" anymore
I wasn't even aware that got turned into a meme.

On an interesting side note, I found my family's NES the other day. It was covered in what I assume was some variety of dried soda and orange dust which was likely from a dangerously cheesy snack. Well, that or mold.

In hindsight it was incredibly dumb of me to clean that glorious party-patina.
Oh. The whole "Dodongos hate smoke" thing might be a nod to how the hint the old man in zelda gives is citicised for being cryptic and useless when it is 100% accurate, Dodongos are astmatic for some reason and can be killed easily by making them walk into the smoke that appears after a bomb explodes.
(06-17-2017, 11:31 AM)Cirrial Wrote: god dammit does no one recognise "dodongo dislikes smoke" anymore

I saw that and thought about saying something but didn't want to be THAT guy
The plutonium core has been found and bought, it cost us 999k space credits. Every nuclear reactor in the adventure zone has been poked with it, no results. No results on the automaton either. Solarium did not care about getting b-balled either. v
Yeah, but did you poke Sol with it? Haven't heard about a soldunk in ages.
(07-07-2017, 11:20 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: Yeah, but did you poke Sol with it? Haven't heard about a soldunk in ages.

If anyone in the team knew how to, we probably would have done that too.
Its technically possible to use a skate to bypass the shielded walls, but the timing is tricky. If you miss, you usually hit some weird tile and get deleted.
(07-07-2017, 11:26 AM)Atlz90 Wrote:
(07-07-2017, 11:20 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: Yeah, but did you poke Sol with it? Haven't heard about a soldunk in ages.

Its technically possible to use a skate to bypass the shielded walls, but the timing is tricky. If you miss, you usually hit some weird tile and get deleted.

Synchronized Self Biomass Manipulation?  The wiki treats it like wizard TELEPORT when in fact it works like wizard PHASE SHIFT, so I am unsure as to whether it doesn't work in adventure zones (like the wiki says) or if it does.

EDIT: I'll test it tonight if circumstances permit!
(07-07-2017, 01:20 PM)Cyfarfod Wrote:
(07-07-2017, 11:26 AM)Atlz90 Wrote:

Synchronized Self Biomass Manipulation?  The wiki treats it like wizard TELEPORT when in fact it works like wizard PHASE SHIFT, so I am unsure as to whether it doesn't work in adventure zones (like the wiki says) or if it does.

EDIT: I'll test it tonight if circumstances permit!

The gene works by casting the wizard spell phase shift. Phase shift is hard coded to not work on a restricted Z levels. If you're Z is restricted it returns 0

Code:
var/turf/T = get_turf(H)
if (T && isrestrictedz(T.z))
        H.show_text("You can't seem to turn incorporeal here.", "red")
        return

therefore the check to see if you are able to use self bios mass manipulation safely fails (it requires both the "dry run" of the spell and synchronized gene to return 1)

Code:
if (linked_power.safety && spell_invisibility(owner, 1, 0, 0, 1) == 1) // Dry run. Can we phaseshift?
            spell_invisibility(owner,50)
            playsound(owner.loc, "sound/effects/mag_phase.ogg", 25, 1, -1)

Therefore it will fail over to the self bio mass else statement...killing you instantly A beaming sun

Exactly the same way it would behave if it wasn't synchronized

Plus I think those walls use the same anti-ghosting technology as the ones at bee station
actually from experience using synchro whatever in a restricted area (namely the escape shuttle in transit) doesn't kill you, but it used to. i could be remembering wrong though
(07-07-2017, 01:42 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: actually from experience using synchro whatever in a restricted area (namely the escape shuttle in transit) doesn't kill you, but it used to. i could be remembering wrong though

Yeah, I assume that the note in the wiki is a legacy from when it let you actually TELEPORT instead of walking through walls.  Both are cool. smile
(07-07-2017, 01:42 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: actually from experience using synchro whatever in a restricted area (namely the escape shuttle in transit) doesn't kill you, but it used to. i could be remembering wrong though

I've certainly had all my flesh melt off at least once trying it in centcomm months ago