Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.55 Average
Will the solarium GOOD ending ever be cleared?
Yeah, when I was using the telscope in mining I found a "SS Valiance distress signal" or something, and the "CONTACT" button just said it was ignoring all hails and not reponding to any messages or something. We should find out if that is anything.
(04-04-2017, 03:17 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: Yeah, when I was using the telscope in mining I found a "SS Valiance distress signal" or something, and the "CONTACT" button just said it was ignoring all hails and not reponding to any messages or something. We should find out if that is anything.

That's been there for ages, unfortunately.
Have we figured out if it's a  reference to the identically named SS Valiant from Star Trek?
Maybe we can emag (or somehow modify) the telescope's interface?
(04-04-2017, 04:40 PM)MaRcuSTheDAWG Wrote: Maybe we can emag (or somehow modify) the telescope's interface?

Thinking along the same lines, maybe you need to make contact with it somehow.
(03-16-2017, 09:16 PM)HydroFloric Wrote:
(03-16-2017, 08:42 AM)Flourish Wrote: There was an event on the NSS Destiny involving a Project Daedelus. I don't remember the exact details, unfortunately. Maybe there's also a Project Icarus or something?
Thats the same name as the other AI noted on the icarus wiki page http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Daedalus
in one of the deus ex endings you (a human) can merge with the icarus AI, maybe shoving someone's brain in an AI core or vice versa is something?
I guess its a really creepy coincidence that your username is Icarus, though putting the brain of shitty bill/the old man on the future ship/some other brained npc into a Ai core could yield something if we haven't tried that already.
Alright boys Possible shit from the #sol irc this is a copy+paste from it

»» ChanServ gives channel operator status to shotgunbill
<@shotgunbill> <cogwerks> when stars align to vex sol's shine
<fosstar> New sol hint confirmed?
<&Apo123> confirmed
<+HeadSurgeon> and sasses headsurgeon confirmed kkk member david duke
<&Apo123> oh shit, HeadSurgeon is david duke
<+HeadSurgeon> david duke
<@shotgunbill> headsurgeon project daedalus
<+HeadSurgeon> be daedalus if you called part of my ability to type it out
<Grumpchkin> Oh fuck sol stuff?
<fosstar> yes
<&Apo123> (20:47:02) <Apo123> *contexts daedalus
<&Apo123> (20:47:03) <HeadSurgeon> Contexts containing "daedalus":
<&Apo123> (20:47:04) * HeadSurgeon project daedalus
<&Apo123> (20:47:04) <HeadSurgeon> fukn dum daedalus
<+HeadSurgeon> good contexts
<+HeadSurgeon> are daedalus
<+HeadSurgeon> .w daedalus
<+Spacebee> Daedalus: In Greek mythology, Daedalus (/ˈdɛdələs ˈdiːdələs/; Ancient Greek: Δαίδαλος Daidalos "cunningly wrought", perhaps related to δαιδάλλω "to work artfully"; Latin: Daedalus; Etruscan: Taitale) was a skillful craftsman and artist. -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daedalus
<&Apo123> there you go, enjoy spending 200 hours picking it apart
<@Wire> daedalus is also the name of my main computer
<@Wire> the more you know~
<@ZeWaka> that was going to be mine but it seemed too cliché
<@Wire> not too much for me!
<&Apo123> clearly project daedalus just involves us not flying as close to the sun
<&Apo123> so we move the solarium away from the sun
<&Apo123> ez
this coincides well with the picture of the ai named Icarus

btw...has anyone ever brought Evengy to Sol? Wally claims the computer yells at him in a language he doesn't understand

however Wally DOES speak Russian telling Evengy of the future , maybe he is lieing? That or or maybe the computer is speaking Sumerian...

Wally-392 beeps, "Privet, tovarishch! Novyy rassvet zhdet vas." (translates roughly to "Hello, comrade, a new dawn is waiting for you." in English)

Wally-392 beeps, "Please, um, pay no attention to that. Just saying hello."

new dawn...sol...wally being suprised of nanotrasen...sleeping man knows of the cheget
(05-26-2017, 04:20 AM)Sov Wrote: this coincides well with the picture of the ai named Icarus

btw...has anyone ever brought Evengy to Sol? Wally claims the computer yells at him in a language he doesn't understand

however Wally DOES speak Russian telling Evengy of the future , maybe he is lieing? That or or maybe the computer is speaking Sumerian...

Wally-392 beeps, "Privet, tovarishch! Novyy rassvet zhdet vas." (translates roughly to "Hello, comrade, a new dawn is waiting for you." in English)

Wally-392 beeps, "Please, um, pay no attention to that. Just saying hello."

new dawn...sol...wally being suprised of nanotrasen...sleeping man knows of the cheget

My god

They did it

The crazy russian bastards did it
(05-25-2017, 05:43 PM)HydroFloric Wrote: Alright boys Possible shit from the #sol irc this is a copy+paste from it

<&Apo123> confirmed
<fosstar> yes
<+Spacebee> Daedalus: In Greek mythology, Daedalus (/ˈdɛdələs ˈdiːdələs/; Ancient Greek: Δαίδαλος Daidalos "cunningly wrought", perhaps related to δαιδάλλω "to work artfully"; Latin: Daedalus; Etruscan: Taitale) was a skillful craftsman and artist. -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daedalus
<&Apo123> clearly project daedalus just involves us not flying as close to the sun
<&Apo123> ez

Coincidentally, one of the other AIs in Dues Ex is also named Daedulus.
(03-16-2017, 09:16 PM)HydroFloric Wrote:
(03-16-2017, 08:42 AM)Flourish Wrote: There was an event on the NSS Destiny involving a Project Daedelus. I don't remember the exact details, unfortunately. Maybe there's also a Project Icarus or something?
Thats the same name as the other AI noted on the icarus wiki page http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Daedalus

So they're connected alright

Another thing on the Daedalus page at the bottom it states this 
Code:
The name "Daedalus" is one of many symbolic names taken from the Greek mythology. Daedalus was a skilled craftsman and the father of Icarus. Trapped on an island with his son, he created a pair of wings from feathers and wax for himself and Icarus, and taught Icarus to fly. He warned Icarus not to fly too close to the sun, because the wax would melt, nor too close to the sea, because the sea would soak the feathers. Once they took flight, Icarus, forgetting himself, began to soar upward toward the sun. The blazing sun softened the wax that held the feathers together, and they came off. Icarus fell into the sea and drowned. Daedalus cried, bitterly lamenting his own arts.

None of this has anything important to us but its something right? That being it has to do with the sun. 
These are the ramblings of a tired nerd at 1 in the morning.

(05-26-2017, 06:42 AM)MaRcuSTheDAWG Wrote:
(05-25-2017, 05:43 PM)HydroFloric Wrote: Alright boys Possible shit from the #sol irc this is a copy+paste from it

<&Apo123> confirmed
<fosstar> yes
<&Apo123> ez

Coincidentally, one of the other AIs in Dues Ex is also named Daedulus.
I had mentioned this already.

Also one more thing to mention deus ex has one more AI that guess what, the name has to do with greek stuff just like Icarus and Daedalus. In this case its Helios. from the deus ex wiki states this.
Quote:The name "Helios" is one of many symbolic names taken from the Greek mythology. Helios was the personification of the sun. He was imagined as a god crowned with the shining aureole of the sun, who drove the chariot of the sun across the sky each day.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helios

http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Helios
there was a new sun sprite being shown off during disaster a couple nights ago btw
Rumor has it that there's another sol out there,

but it looks like a butt and it's called:

the moon.

Weird shit out there, I tells ya.
(05-29-2017, 09:32 PM)OMJ Wrote: there was a new sun sprite being shown off during disaster a couple nights ago btw

Describe it for us nerdo