Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changelings, and why they're just too damn powerful
Dyssalc Wrote:A bit much, though it would be a rather interesting thing if someone were to propose an entire Changeling overhaul and revamp which honestly seems like the best idea to me but idk I don't play ling.
You don't play the role and want it rebuilt from the ground up, you are exactly what I was warning about.
Changelings are fine, it's the crew that needs to change.
No, they aren't. Try and drag one from medbay to the gibber and you'll find that out real fast.
Readster Wrote:Changelings are fine, it's the crew that needs to change.
Exactly. Maybe instead of dragging the ling by yourself you guys should try and gang up on it instead of soloing it all the damn time.
You missed the part where your group gets annihilated beforehand or it revives with 3 stings and gets everyone. Just last night 3 officers got stung by a ling and destroyed.
Since when did that mean it's overpowered? Sounds like you guys just got robusted.
KikiMofo Wrote:
Readster Wrote:Changelings are fine, it's the crew that needs to change.
Exactly. Maybe instead of dragging the ling by yourself you guys should try and gang up on it instead of soloing it all the damn time.
Ali0en Wrote:You missed the part where your group gets annihilated beforehand or it revives with 3 stings and gets everyone. Just last night 3 officers got stung by a ling and destroyed.
KikiMofo Wrote:Since when did that mean it's overpowered? Sounds like you guys just got robusted.

You tell him to not solo the changeling and get into groups, and then when he provided an example of people getting into a group and easily getting destroyed by a changeling you tell him it's their fault? What?
I have witnessed a fight between a changling and 4 dudes (2 armed with laser guns, 1 with a wave gun and a c-saber dropped by the ling).

The changeling spat acid at one of them, neurostung another, and tried hitting another with a c-saber. They emptied two laser guns into him when he went full-on rampaging shambler.

He tanked all the laser shots, ate a dude that was stunned by his scream, punched some other random dude, "died", healed up, tanked 8 more laser shots (they had some dude recharge one of the laser guns), and went shambler again.

He promptly devoured the rest of the group and escaped on the shuttle later.

The entire fight took place in the medbay lobby and lasted around 6 minutes.

There definitely is something horribly wrong with the changeling if it can effectively wreck a squad of 4 dudes armed to the teeth and dedicated to its extermination.
Changelings need to be toned down. I don't think anything should be removed from them or heavily nerfed. But right now they have too many advantages and hardly any disadvantages. If you know what you are doing you can wreck the whole station and survive groups of attackers.
I'm pretty sure all the examples you are giving me are from people who are good at playing changeling. Remember changeling isn't a rare round. Every other round is probably changeling so people have a lot of practice with it.
Stop going solo he said
You'd destroy the ling he said
HE LIES

DO NOT LISTEN TO THE KIKI
KikiMofo Wrote:I'm pretty sure all the examples you are giving me are from people who are good at playing changeling. Remember changeling isn't a rare round. Every other round is probably changeling so people have a lot of practice with it.

Why should that matter? If anything you just proved our point. Is it only OP if bad people are good with it?
To be quite honest, good players can really be unstoppable lings. They're straight up unstoppable. Bad players however are very bad lings. Learning curve is pretty steep
even if we can't do a full rework, it'd be cool to at least see how some tweaks affect changeling rounds

my two suggestions were increasing neurotox's cooldown (or making it cost some DNA points) and removing hallucigen's stun, these seem to be reoccuring

other new suggestion: if you kill the shambler (as hard as it is) the changeling's dead for good
Thing is the stun stings are required for changeling otherwise it would just be rampage changeling every round. I understand people get angry over being knocked out without anywarning but that is how a good sneaky changeling player does it. Upping the cooldown will not change anything to a sneaky changeling. All it will do is make rounds drag on even longer while the change stings someone drags them away, eats them and then waits for the longer cooldown to end.