Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changelings, and why they're just too damn powerful
the problem, if there is a problem, would be best fixed by nerfing the monkey transformation thing
changelings are easily handled by some quick KO chems or crystolane, but i don't really like having to rely on chemistry to kill everything dangerous

as far as nerfs go i'd just make the neurotox sting have a WAY longer cooldown and make hallucinate not KO you
Dauntasa Wrote:I have never seen a changeling take 8 lasers and remain standing, even in Abomination form.

A week ago I had emptied three entire laser guns into a horror form changeling and it was still walking around murdering people (who were also beating/shooting it) at a normal pace, seemingly unharmed. Changelings have been seriously strong after they've been buffed to never die from damage.
Walrus Wrote:
Dauntasa Wrote:I have never seen a changeling take 8 lasers and remain standing, even in Abomination form.

A week ago I had emptied three entire laser guns into a horror form changeling and it was still walking around murdering people (who were also beating/shooting it) at a normal pace, seemingly unharmed. Changelings have been seriously strong after they've been buffed to never die from damage.
Similar to an encounter I had with one once. In total, there were 6 laser guns between me and my partner, with me as the detective and my partner as the HoP. We chased the ling to genetics where a naked clown, indifferent geneticist, and security officer were sitting around.

The ling went horror form, and with minimal missing and shit tons of point blank shots we worked through all of our laser guns, and I was forced to start using my .38. After getting knocked out for about 3 minutes the fight was still going on, with the HoP dead, and the clown and sec officer beating the shit out of the changeling. After about another minute or two we were able to wrestle the ling into the enzymatic reclaimer.
So, you won your fight against the ling in the end.
Berrik Wrote:So, you won your fight against the ling in the end.

[Image: 2NfMHejJyV_HB2K33vtIKRl9Q6-pNGbeJI2GSiE6...80-h252-nc]
Berrik Wrote:So, you won your fight against the ling in the end.

by sheer luck, and by the fact they were fighting in a room with a readily-accessible gibber within like, 5 tiles of them, yes.

basically if you're not close to a gibber of some sort, or you dont have access to the one nearby (see: 95% of the station if they're not right next to the bar) then you're fucked!

just because someone wins a fight doesnt mean something isn't overpowered.

your logic is bad and you should feel bad
An good nerf for the ling would be removing the homing spit that is literally impossible to avoid unless you run the fuck away several screens would be change it to a green spray, similar to the janitors spray. Same recharge, no homing, only a 3x1 line in-front of you. Maybe a cool effect would be a mass effect damage in that the first person that gets hit in that row would be downed as normal, but anyone behind 2 tiles behind him in that spray would get a blurred screen for 3-5 seconds.
Would be better? y/n
^Yes, yes, yes.
And for the love of cogs, make it so you can't sting when cuffed and increase the cooldown on lesser form.
I don't really play ling much, so if this suggestion is terrible then forgive me but..

Why not give Ling the pathology treatment and remove it until it can be made better.

Vampire is pretty stealthy, and you could reintroduce some lesser roles, like predator or waldo or something while Ling gets improvements.

Otherwise if it's just a player issue, organize crew mobs in groups of 3 or greater with flamethrowers and tasers and lasers. Taser to stun, laser to burn, flamethrower to set on fire for lasting damage.
atomic1fire Wrote:I don't really play ling much, so if this suggestion is terrible then forgive me but..

Why not give Ling the pathology treatment and remove it until it can be made better.

Vampire is pretty stealthy, and you could reintroduce some lesser roles, like predator or waldo or something while Ling gets improvements.

Otherwise if it's just a player issue, organize crew mobs in groups of 3 or greater with flamethrowers and tasers and lasers. Taser to stun, laser to burn, flamethrower to set on fire for lasting damage.

I don't think removing the ling all together is a good idea. It just needs some fine tuning
does muzzling the ling do anything? i feel like that should counter the stings or the spit
icarus Wrote:does muzzling the ling do anything? i feel like that should counter the stings or the spit

I feel like handcuffing/straightjacketing preventing stings and muzzles preventing spitting would be an excellent solution to this. Additionally, it would finally give muzzles a reason to exist, seeing as the normal solution to someone being annoying is to get a fire extinguisher and manually silence someone.
Question.

What the hell do you even sting people WITH as a changeling?