Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make emags open abandoned crates again
Currently doing so blows them up. This was a stupid change-- there's nothing in abandoned crates that's ridiculously overpowered. If someone wants to buy an emag and run around the debris field for a while, who gives a fuck?
I 100% agree. It's a really good bored traitor round when I just order an emag and go around crate hunting. It's not like crates contain super over powered stuff.
Wait, this was changed? Why the fuck was this changed!? It MAKES NO SENSE!
Jeez guys calm down, abandoned crates were just changed and this was probably an accident. God.
I Said No Wrote:Emags have a shit ton of options, they're easily one of the most versatile traitor items for the cost you put into buying it. That's part of why I changed it, traitors shouldn't get tons of extra free gear cos they picked their one option.

The other reason is that there's always more than one way to "emag" a given object. You have to think creatively, something i'm apparently not being.

The reason for this change from the SA forums.
Just change the cost of emags then.
With emags, you can already turn medbots, security bots, and firebots into insta-poison, insta-arrest, and insta-knockdown machines, respectively. You can permanently block off access to and from just about any location if you wish, you can get into pretty much everywhere, and you can turn every single cyborg on the entire station into potentially rogue abominations.

If you're saying that you want people that already have all of this destructive potential to have easy access to shit like advanced laser guns, phasers, and SNACK CAKES, then I'm going to have to politely disagree.
There isn't really a safe way to get a locked crate short of praying to RNGeesus while mining, and this allows for diplomatic traitoring as well (which is something sorely needed). So I say turn it back, I liked it before, besides, a smart person can get a 66% Chance of opening a crate regularly. This isn't especially powerful, and the deadliest shit there (advanced laser gun, phaser), is all accessible anyway and obvious if used.
Sam Guivene Wrote:and this allows for diplomatic traitoring as well (which is something sorely needed)
no

Emags could maybe open the more basic crates, but heavily reinforced and word-locked crates shouldn't.
Speaking of, what kind of words are used for passwords christ on a bike? 10 letters and 2 vowels? Can you give me your thesaurus edition?
Also does this "more creative" way to open them actually exist?
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:With emags, you can already turn medbots, security bots, and firebots into insta-poison, insta-arrest, and insta-knockdown machines, respectively. You can permanently block off access to and from just about any location if you wish, you can get into pretty much everywhere, and you can turn every single cyborg on the entire station into potentially rogue abominations.

If you're saying that you want people that already have all of this destructive potential to have easy access to shit like advanced laser guns, phasers, and SNACK CAKES, then I'm going to have to politely disagree.

Given my last three runs of playing traitor Explorer 3 or more crates full of space cats.(who keeps stuffing cats into crates in space, and then leaving them for me to find.) Each round I did it, at most hacking about half or more of the crates just floating in dialect space. Finding a Lazar of any kind was pretty rare.

Mind you I did use the whole round to do this three different times, this was a few months ago. Unless these new crates got higher weapons to other stuff, the traitor got to spend a good amount of time to get anything useful.
Iatots Wrote:
Sam Guivene Wrote:and this allows for diplomatic traitoring as well (which is something sorely needed)
no

Emags could maybe open the more basic crates, but heavily reinforced and word-locked crates shouldn't.
Speaking of, what kind of words are used for passwords christ on a bike? 10 letters and 2 vowels? Can you give me your thesaurus edition?
strengthen
Iatots Wrote:
no

...are you saying you imputed LETTERS into the abandoned crate!?
I think it would be better if tators could access crates with emag again, I only ever used it for exploring, It was pretty rare for me to find anything that was for killing people, at least anything obvious. big grin
It takes a good 40 minutes of emagging crates to build up any kind of weaponry.
Huh. In that case, I might just be exceptionally lucky. In any case, given the update to the contents of crates (read: space bears), that lack of weaponry may change. Or not, who knows.