Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gannets' Sprite Zone
I would definitely like to be able to make wooden crates to send in the mail
Ooh or paper packages with little tags that say "To: From: " that you can plop in a mail chute and mail rather bulky items in a *fancy* way. Or piss off the AI by making it impossible to read secret messages you're sending over the mail.

And yes I know gifts are a thing hush hush
These are old sprites, but I've been playing around learning things with the Byond Guide.

[Image: teeyoa]
Wow! Are you saying there might be a chance to move not tile by tile but pixel by pixel? And stabbing will be added?
I think byond actually has an in-built system for pixel-movement instead of tile movement, that said, SS13 may have been started before that was an option. I'm pretty sure that tile-by-tile movement in SS13 is to some level deliberate; you can see the problems with pixel by pixel movement, with Gannet's knight sprite getting caught on corners as it tries to move through small corridors, and SS13 is generally themed around cramped environments, so tile by tile movement keeps everything sane. If you wanted a pixel by pixel movement game in byond, you'd have to intentionally design it to have many open environments to avoid the catching problem.

Side note, Byond also technically has 8 directional sprites, but nothing in SS13 uses them (I think) due to how difficult it can be to make art for those directions, especially in a scale like 32x32. (Also, 8-directional movement was only fully implemented in SS13 rather recently.)
There are sprites that use all 8 directions (namely some walls, some floor tiles and cables)
I made shorts + dress variants of all the rank jumpsuits for a thing.
The general shape of the dress is taken from a sprite I think Haine made.

[Image: cnkhsp][Image: vedwbu]

DMI Files
(03-08-2017, 02:22 PM)Gannets Wrote: I made shorts + dress variants of all the rank jumpsuits for a thing.
The general shape of the dress is taken from a sprite I think Haine made.

[Image: cnkhsp][Image: vedwbu]

DMI Files

H-holy wow.
God damn, Gannets... Nice!
holy heck that's great!!
It'd be cool if you could just toggle the jumpsuit between shorts mode and pants mode. Might save a bit of room when adding all the new sprites shrug
(03-08-2017, 05:48 PM)69andahalf Wrote: It'd be cool if you could just toggle the jumpsuit between shorts mode and pants mode. Might save a bit of room when adding all the new sprites  shrug

Am I correct in thinking you could roll the top of the junpsuit down on another server. Pretty neat idea.

Aso, sweet dresses and shorts, Gannets. Quite the overhaul.
(03-09-2017, 06:28 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote:
(03-08-2017, 05:48 PM)69andahalf Wrote: It'd be cool if you could just toggle the jumpsuit between shorts mode and pants mode. Might save a bit of room when adding all the new sprites  shrug

Am I correct in thinking you could roll the top of the junpsuit down on another server. Pretty neat idea.

Aso, sweet dresses and shorts, Gannets. Quite the overhaul.

You are correct. On other servers you can alt-click a jumpsuit to remove the shirt and tie it around your waist, causing your character to walk around with their undershirt on display (they also have character undershirts with amusing imagery like a classic grey alien or the nanotrasen logo or whatever)

These dresses and shorts are really cool. Since there's a chaplain's outfit-skirt shouldn't there be a nun's habit too? Not enough traitor chaplains run around thwacking people with rulers.
Rolling up dress pants into shorts? Heck yeah.
I'm back, baby.

[Image: inaoyx]

Here's a pile of new cargo orders, you can buy a singularity engine, which i re-drew! Or you can if/when the code is merged.

DMI's + Code