Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you guys read on your free time?
Books, Comics, WebComics, news? What kind of stuff do you get into? Sure it might be 2014, most people don't have time for a real book but I am sure there is quite a few people that probably read SOMETHING! May it be on the internet or something more.. Physical..

Me personally, despite the fact that I haven't read a real book in awhile, I do enjoy this VERY long running webcomic called FreeFall, and for good reason. It's a sci-fi strip that the author likes to use real world science and physics and often explains some of it, showing his work you could say, throughout the length of it. The comic has been ongoing since 1998, And is about 2600 strips long!

The comic ends up dealing with a lot of hypothetical Artificial intelligence scenarios dealing around the 3 laws of robotics. To be fair its VERY worth the read since it reminds me of a light-hearted version of space station 13. Expect that the Antagonist is the main character of the story, being a alien sqid in a environmental suit. He is known by the people as a notorious thief and con-artist on a human terraforming colony. He has a Android he has been corrupting with his ideas for a long time, however the droid itself is pretty much a child mentally, and the main character has been using that to teach it things like its ok to steal from humans, and finding ways to get it to bypass the 3 laws (Yes those 3 laws). Here is some examples of the comc.

Strip #1022

[Image: nZdobin.gif]

Strip #1618

[Image: kyht3b4.png]

Strip #1624

[Image: gZFaOZU.png]
Frogsiren Reading is for dorks Frogsiren
thehman03 Wrote:Frogsiren Reading is for dorks Frogsiren

Love ya too H man. Also I just found this strip. Which is rather great if you ask me. In the 5th panel, everything on the right are ALL AIs programmed with the the Asimov 3 laws. The woman is the mayor (Think of the Captain, giving an command like this to a room full of Borgs holding pie) Law 2 can be a bitch.

[Image: 6ezjpPz.png]
TV Tropes.

That is all.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:TV Tropes.

That is all.
I don't think I have enough tabs.
i read a couple webcomics, though i've been really lazy in keeping up with them.
Conor12 Wrote:

That is all.

Pretty much.
Xeram Wrote:
Conor12 Wrote:

That is all.

Pretty much.
I shouldn't have clicked that link. I should have done that. I regret.
DyssalC Wrote:
Xeram Wrote:
Conor12 Wrote:I don't think I have enough tabs.

Pretty much.
I shouldn't have clicked that link. I should have done that. I regret.

RIP DyssalC
http://drmcninja.com/

Probably the only web comic other then XKCD I've kept up with regularly.

This link should tell you all you need to know about the comic and all the best parts so far.

http://drmcninja.com/newreaders.php
Another webcomic I like (despite not being as well maintained as others) Is gone with the blastwave.
You can check that out here http://www.blastwave-comic.com/index.php

[Image: 28.jpg]

The Other is three panel soul. It's a webcomic made by the lead artist who works for OOO on Spiral Knights.
It talks a lot about general life questions in funny ways and about things going on in his life and video games in general.

Thats over here http://threepanelsoul.com/

Something in general
[Image: 2010-02-08-153.jpg]
Something for you DF nuts
[Image: 2008-04-21-079.png]
I like the way this "reading" thread has devolved into webcomics. I'm reading alot of Aldeous Huxley at the moment, was on a bit of a dystopia binge but stayed with Huxley because I wanted to read the Perennial Philosophy by him.

I adore pbf comics.
[Image: PBF261-Shop.png]
Webcomics: Broodhollow and chainsawsuit, Gunnerkrigg Court, Manly Guys Doing Manly Things, MSPaint Adventures, Skin Horse, Dr. McNinja, Non-Adventures of Wonderella, Freefall.

Books: I'm a Terry Pratchett fan. Favorite Discworld book overall is probably Reaper Man (Small Gods in second). Witches Abroad gets my nod for funniest, but Night Watch for best written.
Also reading Homestuck and XKCD.
Used to be very into Stephen King. Read most of his stuff but nowadays all I read is the news.