Mentor Application - Apo123/Crimes McGee
Usual Character Name: Crimes McGee/Crimes McBorg
BYOND Username: Apo123
Recommended by (if applicable): Haine, UrsulaMajor, Geoff Goldman
Times Available: 6-10ish US East

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum): I'm applying because I like helping people out in game (and because people keep telling me to apply). I've only been playing since the start of the year, but I was immediately hooked when I saw all of the depth and interactions that are possible in this 2D spaceman game. In that time I've learned a lot about this game and the secrets of space, especially where chemistry and electronics are concerned. UrsulaMajor mentioned that one reason I should apply is because a lot of questions about electronics components are asked and that nobody is around to answer them. I hope to fill this gap and help people learn the fun of electronics components and build cool devices that become absolute terrors when they roll antag.

I'm a huge nerd when it comes to some of the more obscure aspects of this game, such as packet spoofing and secret chems. Chemistry and mechanic are my strongest roles. I know the recipes for pretty much every secret chem, and I know some of the more obscure things about packet hacking like opening lockers or setting up buttons by EVA that call and recall the shuttle/activate multiple nukes around the station when pressed. I try to help guide people towards answers without giving everything away. I enjoy it when people finally connect the dots that they've been trying hard to do, and I like seeing how other people apply that knowledge to do things I'd have never dreamed of doing.

I've admittedly had very little experience in security and engineering roles. I can help people set up a basic engine burn, but I don't have any experience setting up things like hellburns or burns that will last the entire round without turning the engine into a hungry, raging inferno. I'm also weak when it comes to the AI, but I have decent experience playing as a borg so hopefully that will help answer questions related to laws.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): None that I know of.
Yes
yep
Ye
you're bad for not doing this earlier. yes
This dude knows his stuff and would be a great mentor. Give him purple text
I see him around the station constantly, he knows his stuff. Yeah.
Not only a friendly guy, but also very helpful and very present. I'd expect him to do a great job at teaching people how to (Suicide Succumb) and (say "*dance). A yes from me.
Yes, I recall you being a fun person who doesn't take this game too seriously.
YES