Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fix the Doors
After the doors were changed to open faster it removed a lot of the tension of being chased, but also made the doors lose their iconic hiss. While I can live with doors opening faster, I don't know if I can stand the squeaky sound that they make now. Why not have them open at the new speed but play the old sound?
The sound does bother me a bit. It's quieter than the other sounds in a noticeable way
Wtf I haven't played in a while but doors were perfect in every way. They were probably the best thing in the game tbh

bring back old doors
The iconic hiss was changed because it was half a second too long and sounded incredibly stupid with the fast doors
Doors were changed because they made the game feel extremely laggy due to the desynchronization of when it looked like you could pass through and when you actually could

I could bring the opening time back to 1 second but theres no way in hell I'm bringing back the old timing for the density changes

That and the sound is mostly there because nobody could figure out where the hell cogs is and yell at him to make a non-terrible sound
Also, places like medbay and engineering could definitely make use of speedier doors due to the frequent need to get the fuck in/out of them.
Tobba Wrote:The iconic hiss was changed because it was half a second too long and sounded incredibly stupid with the fast doors
Doors were changed because they made the game feel extremely laggy due to the desynchronization of when it looked like you could pass through and when you actually could

I could bring the opening time back to 1 second but theres no way in hell I'm bringing back the old timing for the density changes

That and the sound is mostly there because nobody could figure out where the hell cogs is and yell at him to make a non-terrible sound

I changed it because I didn't like it! Me!
Keep external airlocks slow and bulky but leave the (new) internal ones as they are. The external ones still have the old sound anyways, so there's half of the work right there.
And why were mob sprites changed?? Everyone looks like they're flexing wtf
thanks a lot STUPID NORN
what the FUCK why do doors open when you walk into them?? what is this garbage are you all too lazy to JUST CLICK EVERY DOOR god DAMN
AngriestIBM Wrote:And why were mob sprites changed?? Everyone looks like they're flexing wtf
thanks a lot STUPID NORN
So I'm NOT the only person to notice that. Fantastic.
Now that they open quickly, any chance of making the time they stay opened shorter?
What sort of door sound effects are needed? I do sound design for video games, I could record/create something.
I am fine with how doors work now. But the sound that was chosen is so bad. They barely sound like doors in my opinion.
I am okay with the sound(Its kinda annoying but i can live with it) but i hate the new door speeds. It make chases less stragetic and exciting because the dynamic of people being chased having to open doors or if there lucky they can dart through a door and it takes twice as long for the chaser to catch up due to the fact that doors are nearly no-longer needed.

Why not have Slow doors at the start and the Ai can be given a station improvments research thingy that unlocks new stuff for the Ai to play with/general improvments for the station. Have Faster doors as an Improvment and then the Ai can then go around and start making the doors speed up(or re-slow them to help someone during a chase).

This does 3 things

1-Make chases fun again

2-Gives the Ai an research screen that can open up more stuff the Ai can do other then shock,bolt and open doors(Research a synthetic human body for the Ai to enter or gravity control (Humans speed up and can carry larger objects like pipes or large artifacts with both hands in rooms where the AI has lowered gravity BUT the ai can turn off gravity altogether and force humans to travel like they are in space in rooms

3-The Ai can help or hinder you in chase scenes. This adds a layer of unknown forcing you to treat the ai kindly or it will just watch instead of helping you when your escaping a killer axe man.
Now that you mention it the speed of the doors need to get fixed as well. They open sightly too fast and stay open waaay too long. Plus in chases the Ai won't be able to help you. Say you need to catch a changeling since the doors are so fast now the AI is going to have alot of trouble locking it down.