Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Different Magnet Sprite sizes for Construction Mode
Pretty much, while playing construction and need to set up a mineral Magnet, you need to zone an area for mining. The small magnet requires a 7x7 mining area, surrounded by some form of platform (Making the Total area 9x9)
Same for the Large magnet. Expect it's a 15x15 mining area (17x17 overall)... This becomes a rather strange... Balancing issue when building the layout for these... (At least for me anyway, I am a bit OCD about this kinda stuff) Since the magnets (both small/large) Come in 2x1 configs... So you cannot center the magnet correctly to build a room that is centralized and adjusted to the odd number.

As a suggestion, I was thinking if it was possible to have two separate sprites for the magnets. Small Magnets are 1x1 and large magnets are 3x1. This would solve the problem of things being not centered and uneven.

Here is a suggestion picture of what the 1x1 could look like

[Image: Y5ofTou.png]
That one seems kinda weedy by itself. What if the small magnet was two of those with a gap between them, and the large one was a block of three?
Dabir Wrote:That one seems kinda weedy by itself. What if the small magnet was two of those with a gap between them, and the large one was a block of three?

Well... I kinda made that magnet myself. Using paint, cutting a normal magnet in half and compressing it to a long sprite