Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Put a trade machine in the market
The idea is that it would work just like the trade function from any of the recent MMORPGs.

If people wish to trade for objects/money, they first scan their ID cards and then they both place what they wish to trade. After that, if the deal is good for both parties, they hit the accept button and retrieve their object by using their ID card on the machine.

This would make trading safer than the current drop and pick up that people are using.

If emagged, the machine keeps all items in itself until somebody either emags it again or destroys it.
Why would you want this? Theft and fraud are both heartily encouraged and excellent examples of the emergent game play that most people love about SS13.

p.s. you can always find yourself a locked room or something if you're so worried about it
I think it would be pretty fitting for mechanics to have a vending machine component, though. Works well with the hand scanner and credit components.
I did suggest a component like that when I suggested the credit component. I wonder why it didn't get in as well.
At which point anyone with a multitool just rewires it to fire whenever someone opens a door.

Don't fear social interaction. Embrace your inner salesman.
Some kind of custom vending machine would be great. Grab a locker and and fill it up with what you want to sell. Attach some components and wire and then program prices for the contents.

Maybe it can be like a cannister bomb in that you can attach components to make it harder for someone to hack the inside of it.
Frank_Stein Wrote:Some kind of custom vending machine would be great. Grab a locker and and fill it up with what you want to sell. Attach some components and wire and then program prices for the contents.

I love this idea.

1. fill locker with whatever
2. close door
3. weld shut
4. click with wires, screwdriver tight
5. click with hard drive, screwdriver tight
6. scan hard drive with your ID to link to your bank
7. weld again (to cut slot for the screen, duh)
8. click with glass, screwdriver tight

and now you have a functional vending machine. If you enter your ID card, it can allow you to modify the prices
Only if it means I can steal every pair of shoes on the station and sell them back at exorbitant prices