Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flamethrower is broken
I made a flamethrower with the intent to use it against a very nasty blob. While the flamethrower was lit, I left clicked and it only shot fire one tile in front of me. Doing pretty much nothing. I am pretty sure it's supposed to shoot a line of flame at least 5 tiles long. Did it get nerfed? Did some badmin break it?
I believe it has something to do with your canister's pressure. Not sure though.
The flamethrower always seems to be broken in some way. I can click 5 tiles away in a straight line and the flamethrower will ignite a 3x3 square around me.
I can confirm that there was once a time that they worked properly.

I can also confirm that these are broke as fuck now.

Quite frequently I'll end up spraying once and getting a single tile of flame, then spraying against and getting a 3x3 around me, if I spray again fast enough there is a good chance that it'll create a 5x5.

I've been told by an admin in the past that they know it's broke, though I wasn't really told what was wrong with them.
For me, the damn things just don't work. Ever. At all.
Perfectly functional and 100% accurate flamethrower: Just replace the fuel with CLF3, Black powder, and some Napalm.
Xeram Wrote:Perfectly functional and 100% accurate flamethrower: Just replace the fuel with CLF3, Black powder, and some Napalm.
Jokes aside, it really does seem to only be broken when using welderfuel or oil.
I personally use phlogiston because it's the fastest and safest to mass-produce.
Sure you could just mix up some CLF3 and fill a tank with it. It's just time consuming, Time which you should be able to grab a few fuel containers and just start spraying down the VERY RAPIDLY SPREADING BLOB with FIRE instead of wasting that TIME making NEW FUEL.... I think you get my point.