Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why don't we have an edit button?
It's not vital, just odd that it's missing.
I agree.
If there were an edit button, there be no need to double or even triple post when you find a typo in your post.
I agree.
If there were an edit button, there be no need to double or even triple post when you find a typo in your post.
Winklabom Wrote:I agree.
Every time you double post it's the greatest thing ever because of your avatar.
it was removed because people would go back and edit stupid stuff out of their appeals or comments or whatever, iirc.
don't need one

i don't mkae mistakes crossarms
Hartlock Wrote:don't need one

i don't mkae mistakes crossarms

This is beautiful
Wonkmin Wrote:It stops people blanking out their ban appeals if things go badly, or editing out things when they say something stupid

Isn't it possible to allow edits on all boards except the ban appeal one ?

Besides, I'm fairly certain that if somebody attempts to DELETE FUCKING EVERYTHING in his ban appeal, that isn't someone you want back anyways.

Right now the absence of an edit button only punishes people who make small typos and/or forget something in their previous post thus forcing them to double post.
Wonk - if it is an all or nothing approach to edits, perhaps there is another option as well? For example, it'd be a bit of work but it could be standard procedure for an admin to quote the ban appeal post and update that post with any additional posts the appealer makes. This would keep a record of his posts as an admin originally found them. It certainly isn't an ideal solution, but it could work if nothing else does.
For the above point, perhaps admins could see previous edit(s) of the post? Similar to the wiki?
Sundance Wrote:For the above point, perhaps admins could see previous edit(s) of the post? Similar to the wiki?

This is phpBB, the BYOND of forum software. GONK
Code:
What about at least being able to insert text like this? It won't fix typos but at least information can be added to the post without doubleposting.
APARTHEID Wrote:
Sundance Wrote:For the above point, perhaps admins could see previous edit(s) of the post? Similar to the wiki?

This is phpBB, the BYOND of forum software. GONK

now you're just being unfair
Wonkmin Wrote:
Winklabom Wrote:
Wonkmin Wrote:It stops people blanking out their ban appeals if things go badly, or editing out things when they say something stupid

Isn't it possible to allow edits on all boards except the ban appeal one ?

Besides, I'm fairly certain that if somebody attempts to DELETE FUCKING EVERYTHING in his ban appeal, that isn't someone you want back anyways.

Right now the absence of an edit button only punishes people who make small typos and/or forget something in their previous post thus forcing them to double post.

All fair points, I'll point this out to edad

Is it possible to track edits/disable edits on certain boards.

Like for example no editing on ban appeals, but editing in suggestions or general discussions.

Also can Mods see what changes were made by someone, like wikipedia revisions or something.
edit:

Ironic that I have to doublepost to point out that I forgot question marks.

But yeah I'm pretty sure you can just tell phpbb to not let standard users edit their posts on a certain forum/board. It probably gets confusing at some point, but I'm pretty sure it would work.