Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Subtle Arts of Science and Murder
The concoctions of the research sector are, truly, sights that are simultaneously glorious and horrific to watch unfold, and traitorous chemists have nearly infinite ways of debilitating, injuring, and murdering their victims. The research sector, truly, has greater weapons than any armory could hope to have, and this is the place where these tales from mad scientists and pyromaniacs alike are told, and perhaps some tricks of the trade are unveiled.

Me and a friend jointly created a set of cocktails that we've dubbed the Obliterators. Combining multiple explosive reactions and making them happen simultaneously, I typically use these as my ever-mentioned "insurance policy" in case I'm about to get killed. So far, pills have been our sole distribution method, though I've been meaning to get around to trying them out in grenades. The point-blank detonation instantly puts victims into crit, causes the loss of an arm and/or a leg, and sets them the fuck on fire. It also gibs adjacent corpses, causes considerable structure damage, and frequently has "aftershocks", great gouts of fire that stem from the source of the reaction. Due to their limited means of distribution, they are best suited as a suicide tactic, although they have been proven to serve as a very effective and VERY unexpected way of brutally injuring a group of people if particular capabilities (such as Fire Resistance and/or Telekinesis) are acquired.

Of course, we're still working on trying to make a bigger boom, and a purely chemical-based explosive mixture can suit the needs of many a murderer.

So what about you all? Any hella hellish hellfoams, spectacular, sector-destroying canister bombs, or spiked food or drinks that you'd like to share stories about?
I love black powder foam grenades. My mix detonates instantly and creates a shitload of mini explosions, instantly killing anyone 2-3 squares away from the foam and grievously wounding those further away. Good structural damage, too.

My favourite use of this grenade was when I mindslaved a guy, gave him a signaller-detonated grenade and told him to yell out a codeword in a crowd so I could detonate it. In a rather convienient fashion, he found about 7 or 8 people or medbay. Sometimes I wish I could see deadchat while alive just to witness the reactions of people who got blown up :downs:
That being said, I've still yet to see someone use vanilla chem grenades (no smoke or foam) with deadly efficiency, which is a shame because it has a shitload of potential.
Marquesas Wrote:That being said, I've still yet to see someone use vanilla chem grenades (no smoke or foam) with deadly efficiency, which is a shame because it has a shitload of potential.

I've used them once before as a traitor, filled with some easy poisons and sarin. They are very effective, but I just feel like if I have the resources or time to make black powder (which is pretty much most of the time), you get a lot more value out of a BP foam grenade than a vanilla one. Maybe if the amount of grenades in a box got increased I'd make them more often.
I would think a two beaker mix in a chem grenade of CLF3, Carbon Tetrachloride. black powder, napalm (Gel Kind) and Chlorine Azide with some flash powder (To stun anyone alive) would be a rather potent death mix. Pretty much explosive chems that react when mixed split in half in the two beakers that go into a grenade.
Silvercloud29 Wrote:I would think a two beaker mix in a chem grenade of CLF3, Carbon Tetrachloride. black powder, napalm (Gel Kind) and Chlorine Azide with some flash powder (To stun anyone alive) would be a rather potent death mix. Pretty much explosive chems that react when mixed split in half in the two beakers that go into a grenade.
This is basically the idea with my aforementioned Obliterators, though perhaps not those precise ingredients. It's a bit tricky fitting all of this explosion into two beakers.
BaneOfGiygas Wrote:This is basically the idea with my aforementioned Obliterators, though perhaps not those precise ingredients. It's a bit tricky fitting all of this explosion into two beakers.

My comment was more aimed at Marq's comment (I forgo to quote it in my post) Aka, cause as much damage as possible without foam or smoke.

Also, a fun, more harmless way to fuck with people as a traitor... Make a full container or three of port, load it into a flamethrower, spray it at people, profit.