Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clown Clothing Additions and Clown Clown Additions
Hello yes I recently googled clowns and looked at pictures of clowns and clown related things.

I think clown needs a few additions. I understand he's pretty much a bootleg stowaway whose ID is just a piece of tin foil with crayon drawings on it, but god damnit clown deserves things.

The clown should have some palette swap outfits. I know the current clown palette is "iconic", but it would be nice to see a couple green and white (besides cluwnes), red and yellow, rainbow, and maybe even polka dot clowns.

Secondly, I think the clown should have a variety of clowny hats and coats, maybe even some wacky wigs. Clown hats are usually funny colored bowler and top-hats (or a plain fedora) with a few prop additions like a flower, and clown coats are usually big, colorful and baggy or patchwork and hobo looking.

Tertiary, you should be able to hack Uniform Manufacturers and get the option to make clown clothes. This was brought up recently in relation to the clown car being in surplus crates and I think it's a good idea. It would help clowns who have been stripped by rude dudes reclaim their dignity without getting violent and encourage MORE clowns.

Finally, and this might be the biggest addition I propose, allow more than one clown per round. Two clowns colliding with one another is always a good time, and it would be nice if the clown could have a clown partner that they could run clown gimmicks with, or compete with in clowny antics.
Dear god why would you suggest givong clowns more rights and adding another one entirely?

I agree with making the outfit manufacturable.
One clown is more than enough.

Manufacturing the suits would be interesting.

I'm not sure about adding more clothes, since the iconic look is kindof awesome. A hat would be cool, though, maybe even some coats to put over it.

This also sounds like an amazing opportunity to use skin rewards. Add a medal for getting cluwned and then the reward turns your clown clothes into cluwne clothes.
Clowns are meant as a humorous auxillary role, serving the station by providing shenanigans for the crew to laugh at even as shit's raining down around them. Having two clowns would create a shenanigan singularity around them, inevitably drawing all events towards the horrific, pie-flinging, horn-honking, banana-peeling core.
I agree clowns should have more items to mess with people.
Bring back Blue Clowns
Maybe a squirting flower they can use on adjacent people/objects/monkeys/whatever that harmlessly sprays them with water and temporarily obscures their vision. There should also be a traitor version of this item that shoots face-melting acid instead. Joy buzzers are another idea, but implementing this in a way that makes it amusing and not godawfully frustrating wohld be tricky.

To be honest, Clowns have enough tricks up their sleeves and around the station that they don't explicitly NEED any other toys. Still, it would be cool.
Give the clown a derringer-like device that dispenses a bouquet of flowers/cream pie when they wink.
pls remove slip
Balloon animals. Fill with anima for bonus comedy.
Clown is one of my favorite roles, and more props and goofs that will get myself killed would be fantastic.

I have always liked the rivalry between the clown and mime on other servers.
Honestly I'd love to have a second clown around just for the sheer hilarity the inevitable rivalry/friendship it would cause.

Maybe put in a check during miscreant decisions, if one of the selected players is a clown and there's a second clown, make him a miscreant too both with their objective to have some form of clown war and cause as much collateral to the crew in the process as possible. (Non-lethal collateral of course...)
I just want the clown to have a revolver with a bang flag on it.

"The Clown fires the revolver, a little flag that says bang pops out. heh"

Even if it's just the revolver sprite with that emote.
The clown revolver should be indistinguishable from a normal gun, because somehow switching a traitors gun with it would be the best prank.
Frank_Stein Wrote:The clown revolver should be indistinguishable from a normal gun, because somehow switching the detective's gun with it would be the best prank.
Frank_Stein Wrote:The clown revolver should be indistinguishable from a normal gun, because somehow switching a traitors gun with it would be the best prank.
All of my yes.

If we could swing it, making harmless clown versions of most traitor gear would be hilarious.