Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neuralizer
Blank the chat logs.

Lie to drooling victim about what's happened to them.
it should randomize what you're wearing/your body appearance a bit, even if people can't remember names, they can remember "the guy in the vice suit" or "the guy in chaplain robes with an afro"
To be honest if someone using the neuralizer is too lazy just to grab one of the dozens of outfits from the crew quarters or the arrivals shuttle, then they deserve to be caught.
Truthfully as a subtle traitor having someone only remember fragments like that sounds even better to me. If I knew someone was going to identify me by my Cosby sweater, I'd neuralize someone, then go kill a braindead and dress him in my sweater. When Sec finds him the confusion just gets deeper and since I've changed into a black jumpsuit and gas mask in the interrim I look even less conspicuous.
Why do we need something like this? i mean sure it's another cool gadget but what does it achieve that i could not normally do?

currently you can just grab some scissors ( they have no in hand sprite) and slice someone up until they fall over in public then drag them to an airlock.

people don't scream over the radio about this because they may think it's a petty slapfight or grudge, most of the time they think it's none of their business.

if someone or the Ai catches you, you can dispose of the body permanently and when security comes to forcibly search you and find no weapons, they will let you go because they think that to arrest someone they need to have an unlocked PDA + Cyalume saber.

If you are charged, then you get 5 minutes or so standing in one place.

this is actually one of the easiest ways to kill someone, if you blind someone with a neural-thingy then once security finally searches you and they find traitor gear you will most likely get executed.

PS. i know this is a long and probably not needed post because someone else would have probably said it, but what happened to "NO WITNESSES!" murdering?
I think it works pretty well as a traitor counterpart to the flash.

Instead of just stunning someone, it leaves them speechless.

Anyway my point being is that it would make a good stealth traitor weapon, especially if you sneak up on someone alone in a black suit, and manage to take out all of ai's cameras with an emag gernade before escaping.
This thread needs to make a comeback due to the necessity for a few new toys for Spy mode.
I think Neuralizer would be a pretty good item for spy mode.

I also think it would be kind of cool if spies had listening devices and stuff, maybe even a tool that lets you get more access if you can bluff HOP to put a special ID card in the ID changer. e.g a Mimic ID that will copy the access of the ID currently being used to give access, with the only caveat being that you can't use it to give other people access. That would be a good replacement for the emag because instead of just wrecking every door, you have to be sneaky and hope HOP doesn't know what they are doing.