Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Loading area" for syndicate operativez
I know that nuke rounds are in for a revamp, but thought I might as well put this in here. As mentioned in the other thread recently made involving syndies, the matter of teamwork among syndicate operatives is...very often forgotten. Divvying up arms and rations isn't strategically discussed depending on who will need them the most, and it instead becomes a game of musical chairs to see who can grab the RPG shells first.

A way to circumvent this would be spawning the operatives in a "loading shuttle", some kind of spaceship moving them onto the main shuttle or something, giving them access after a minute or three. Having a waiting area would encourage the operatives to discuss who gets what before they're tossed onto the main shuttle, would open discussion on roles and all of that stuff .(though, let's be honest, most everyone's just gonna want to go hogwild.) This would also make sure that people who are new to being a syndie get proper instruction instead of a flurry of operatives all running over to lockers and booking it out of the shuttle.
...wow, way to typo the crap out of the thread title, me.
Syndicate Spetsnaz
Something like this would I help I think. I also think the Syndie Commander should have some actual authority. Kinda like how people should usually listen to the HoS. Maybe make the Syndie Commander always a mentor or something? Could help when discussing their action plan and such.
How about some kind of console for ordering their gear rather than the radios? It would list what everyone was planning to order, then sends it all at once when everyone okays it or a certain amount of time has passed.

Maybe the Commander can veto equipment choices?
a variation of this idea was used in around 2008 and 09. I remember that the moving shuttle systems were incredibly clunky, and ops used to spawn right on the station in a little nook. Always led to a linear assault by the syndicates with everyone using a specific route.
Could be interesting, but people would just camp at the shuttle.
You can't really force people to work together. Syndies don't even use their headsets to relay basic information like "the captain's got three bodyguards" or "I've got the disk".
Maybe you can't FORCE them but you sure as hell can make it easier for those that want to and try to push those that don't towards doing so. I really think forcing the Operatives to move the nuke to the station itself will help a lot. I feel like sec has the same problem tbh. The BEST sec round I've ever had was when the HoS coordinated us in teams of two each and had each team patrol certain parts of the station, constantly asking us for status reports.
Sorry for the double post, but I decided to look up what some of the other branches do for Nuke Ops. On /tg/ the syndie commander is the only one that can open the shutters that let the nuke ops start their attack. Similarly to the idea above, the commander also gets to decide how to distribute the teams telecrystals. The operatives are encouraged to donate their crystals to the boss by having some items that are far more expense than any individual could afford. Now I haven't played on /tg/ so I have no idea how all this actually works in practice. Perhaps one of our more seasoned members could shine some light on it.
I kind of like the idea of a "Loading Area" to take syndies from their starting shuttle to the listening post, though it would need to be a rather long ride to get the syndies to organize, like 2-3 minutes of shuttle travel time.

Personally, I don't think making the commander in charge of telecrystal distribution is a good idea. Too much room for abuse when there are better ways to fix the coordination issues.

I know this was already touched on, but nuke rounds are already going to be getting an overhaul soon, and a few other threads have touched on ways of giving the syndies the ability to get more organized, and personally my favorite method mentioned is where there is that a certain amount of time must pass in order to leave the syndie shuttle, with a few things for the syndies to do to better prepare for an attack.