Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove Clown Cars from Surplus crates
I got a crate today that was a car, a teleport gun and a moustache grenade. The car takes up so many crystals worth of gear and it's very, very specific, like the power gloves, it ruins the crate potential.
I'm not a frequent traitor, but isn't the surplus crate a "go with the flow" sort of traitor item? You don't know what you're gonna get but you make do with it anyways?

Though I can also see the point for wanting it removed, considering you need two pieces of clown clothing, with three pieces being in a sketchy maintenance hallway crate and the other three being attached to a clown, and quite frequently both of those are missing from existence.
Yeah you really shouldn't be receiving a clown car with no guarantee of the clothing required to drive it
So should the safari kit be removed from the crate too? You kinda need the tranq gun for it. Same with the AP .38 ammo.
Eh, I'd be for just pairing those items with the required gear when they get created inside the crate.

Arguably though, the challenge of getting the items comes with the territory of chance that surplus crates provide.
The special tranq ammo is really just a bonus for the safari kit, the real good stuff is the boomerang.
The difference with the safari gear is that it isn't 100% functionless without that gun or whatever, where the clown car is. Like Frank said, if it came with the outfit that'd work too. But really, it uses all 10 of your crystals. It's supposed to be a gamble, but not a gamble between getting something that actually will work and something that won't.
Then go get the clown from George's room. Problem solved. Surplus Crates are literally "You get what you get."
FloozyBarge Wrote:Then go get the clown from George's room. Problem solved. Surplus Crates are literally "You get what you get."

and if it's not there, you've wasted telecrystals. there shouldnt be items dependent on if you have another item that is pretty rare in the surplus crate,.
The surplus crate is, perhaps, my favorite traitor selection. This is especially true when I don't have anything else specific in mind because it inspires a certain amount of creativity and fun that an actual selection rarely offers. The clown car is a rare find and worth the work to either buy off or murder the current clown - assuming that you can't just buy an outfit straight up which you usually can. That you might end up with such a pull is part of the risk and the thrill that the surplus crate offers and I honestly wish that we'd find even more wacky things in them.
FloozyBarge Wrote:Then go get the clown from George's room. Problem solved. Surplus Crates are literally "You get what you get."

The point being what if that is gone? It's completely useless. I understand that's the premise behind surplus crates, but there is no reason to have a potentially 100% useless item in there. Like I wouldn't complain if I got 5 floor lockers but a thing I can do absolutely nothing with is kinda lame to get.
And I'm a huge fan of the clown car I just don't think it belongs in the surplus crate
And I'm a huge fan of the clown car I just don't think it belongs in the surplus crate
The traitor seeds, power gloves etc were all removed for being too job-specific for crates
Weavel Wrote:The traitor seeds, power gloves etc were all removed for being too job-specific for crates

I would kinda like those back though. It was pretty awesome to find a syndicate robot or a chef's knife in the kit with some of the more useless items too. It made it more random/fun