Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Face" Masks 2: Revenge of the Skull (+ PG rated version)
About a week ago, I suggested something that I guess too many people thought was 2creepy4me so here I am with the same idea somewhat reworked.

First, here's a link to my previous face mask thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3764

Now, the item in question itself would work like a reverse syndicate voice changer: it will change the name of your mob (when you move your cursor over it) to the name of whomever's face you're wearing BUT not your voice!

I propose two ways to acquire this item. Pick the one you prefer:

1) Make at least 10 units of Synthflesh and splash it on somebody's skull you just freshly removed, and then peel off the resulting "face mask" with a scalpel or scissors. This variant of the item would have a temporary existence and then despawn, forcing you to make another.

The sprite for the item (when on the floor/in your inventory) could be a lump of flesh of sorts, whereas it should change the face and hairstyle of your mob when you wear it.

Joe Shmoe's face has completely dried out and turned into dust!

2) This could be the "family friendly variant". It does exactly the same thing as the previous one, but this one is done through some paper crafts: Take the picture of somebody's face (could be done by taking a picture while targeting the head), use scissors to cut out their face from the photo, take a piece of paper, staple the face to the paper, cut some holes for the eyes and mouth, add some cables and voilĂ  !

The sprite (on the floor/in your inventory) could be a white paper mask thing with wires on the side whereas it could just be a white face mask with eye holes when you're wearing it.

I'd personally love to see both variants in the game.
I'm for both of them, but honestly I see no problem with the original scalpel method either. The fact that people draw the line at cutting off someones face is just 2funny4me. This game has people getting blown to bits, getting slowly and painfully turned into robots, getting gassed with chemical weapons, having their faces burned off with acid, the chef making all his food out of people, and a parasitic extraterrestrial lifeform that sucks up people's precious bodily fluids, I think this meshes well with everything else.

I really like this idea. Could we perhaps also stretch the face over say the voice changer? Could give messages about how strange *blank* looks today when you examine the person wearing it.
What's not to like about this, folks?

[Image: 1jXvQ4cFfjEx2fBA51Igw_j3bOpxGDWrcEs6a7cc...91-h350-nc]

Or this:

[Image: 2Gq1Zzb6u5yh3DdmbWgE0Z1obM2CPORE5f91p5gE...43-h591-nc]
Winklabom Wrote:[Image: 2Gq1Zzb6u5yh3DdmbWgE0Z1obM2CPORE5f91p5gE...43-h591-nc]
If spy ever gets re-added this has to be a thing just for the comical factor
Did we ever even shoot down that idea? I was personally a fan of the original, especially with the whole halloween spirit, especially seeing its creepy in the scary way, as opposed to creepy in the creepy way.
Sam Guivene Wrote:Did we ever even shoot down that idea? I was personally a fan of the original, especially with the whole halloween spirit, especially seeing its creepy in the scary way, as opposed to creepy in the creepy way.
Winklabom Wrote:
Sam Guivene Wrote:Did we ever even shoot down that idea? I was personally a fan of the original, especially with the whole halloween spirit, especially seeing its creepy in the scary way, as opposed to creepy in the creepy way.

Shit, I hit Submit instead of Preview.

The original thread was just quietly abandoned and didn't have any coder/admin post on it, so I thought it perhaps needed to be reworked.
I like this idea, and with the skull synthflesh idea we could do something. Make the strange skulls in space become halloween masks for all of your robbery needs.
I personally can already see people sitting in the market with buckets full of synthflesh and a skull, just selling some dude's face.