Mentor Application - ClassyD / Steve Dyssal
Usual Character Name: Steve Dyssal, Borg the Builder

BYOND Username: ClassyD

Recommended by (if applicable): MegaPaco

Times Available: 6:00PM-12:00AM (Whole Week)

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum):
Recently Paco had made the suggestion that I should become purple, something I thought about after I figured out the basics of just about everything. I rather enjoy helping people, especially new people, because I remember how it was when I first started playing (February 20th 2014) and how annoying it was to want or be asked to do something and having to open up the wiki, find the proper page, and scroll down and search for how to properly do said thing.

I've been playing for about 8 months, spending most of my time as the HoP and doing generally whatever I want. I've got reasonable amounts of experience as a security officer and how to handle delicate situations without getting a bunch of people angry at me, or at the very least in trouble with the rules. I've also spent large amounts of time doctoring any sick/wounded/burnt/poisoned/dying/dead bodies I find lying around in hallways, with a high success rate, and I’m well versed in both robotics and genetics. I've spent a lot of time doing chemistry things, with more than enough knowledge to answer any mentor appropriate questions about it. I've got plenty of experience with artifacts, activating them and operating them, to inform anyone who asks about them. I know enough about being a quartermaster, mechanic, and miner to get by. I've been all head level positions multiple times and know enough about the roles they play and what they can do to answer most anything about them. I know enough about botany to hack the seed machine, grow weed, and infuse seeds with chems to modify them. I know how to mix a stiff drink as the barman, though I've never been too fond of being the chef. I know how to play borg or AI without pissing everybody off.

I’m not the most experienced at being an antag, I think I can count the number of times I've been a traitor on two hands, and the times I've been a changeling vampire and wizard on one, but I love being a Syndicate Operative and go for it every chance I get, and despite not being a frequent traitor, I’m well versed in their equipment.

There are some things I can't do very well or at all. I only theoretically understand how gas mixes work, and I still can't setup the damn engine. I'm also not ashamed to admit I use the telescience manager. I also don't know a damn thing about DWAINE besides how to call the shuttle, work the artifact computer, and make the Buddys go berserk.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): None that I’m aware of.
yeah! he's a nice guy and i like him.
About damn time.
i approve of this man donning the purple, he is smart and good at spaceman
Steve is a rad dude. He'd look good in purple.
I agree Steve is pretty rad. A yes from me.
Steve is awesome, chill, and knowledgeable. He'd definitely be responsible in this position, yes from me as well.
Like the first sentence said. I highly recommend him for mentor
Like everyone else has already said, dude is cool. Really knowing to call the shuttle, the buddies, and artlab is all you need to know unless you are a turbo ultra nerd who gets his shit stolen as his face is glued to a labyrinth of orange/green/whatever text.
Accepted.