Mentor Application - Houka / Old Dehrv
Usual Character Name: Old Dehrv (or Oar Dehrv)
BYOND Username: Houka
Recommended by (if applicable): None ( frown )
Times Available:

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum):

I want to apply because I'm trying to push more toward being a more sane player. I have no delusions about what people think of me, that being skewed to the negative. I have no delusions about how my behavior has affected this thusfar, being someone who has caused a few Problems in the past.

My game experience, though, is fairly extensive. I've played so much I land straight on the goonhub top ten of players who have died the most in-game.

I understand a lot about chemistry. I understand that there's several methods of reaction in chems. I don't really go into chems that often, because it just doesn't really excite me. I do, however, love some of the weird and obviously science-fiction ways to use them, like using chemical concoctions to steal people's identities or to fake being dead for a prank. I could probably advise in most chem-related things.

In telescience, I know the way to get to all the locations, and the way to solve most of the telescience puzzles, though I couldn't be arsed to do it because it's a huge effort for an ambiguous payoff most of the time. Sometimes I just go so I can grab some specific item. The math is easy enough, but I'm no telescience wizard.

As AI or cyborg, I understand that being shitty is a fast track to endless humiliation, which I'm bound to receive whether or not I'm bad. I like to theme myself as virus AIs in the vague hope someone will catch on and give me a glitch gimmick or something suitable. So far though I've not been given a lot of laws that weren't more than the standard 'go hog wild' thing.

As an engineer, I know how to set up an engine and vaguely how to lay down cables and fix station damage. I can work, disassemble, and reassemble pretty much any device in the game, since I've gotten pretty good at the feel for most of them.

I've been playing for about... two years? One and a half? Long enough that a lot of aspects of SS13 gameplay are just second nature, even if I do often seem like an incompetent and insane shithead that'll fart-spam the first person that crosses me.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will):

A permaban from like, half a year ago, that I recently had lifted by asking nicely. Generally shit/violent behavior. I believe there was another ban before that, probably for the same thing. I haven't been banned for the same reason since, so I guess I've been reformed enough not to vanish into the aether like so many pubbies.
You're rude as heck but yeah you're good I guess.

Yes?
Yes!
I feel you are horrendously play to win and rude, but a smart guy.

Yes I guess.
Very cool guy, knows alot as well. I say yes give Stun Glove man the purple text.
You're rude and a jerk but you really know your stuff and can be real fun to play with. I'll say yes don't let me down.
Yes, even though I'd still mug and fart on you every chance I get
Nerdo is smarto, a yes from me.
Accepted.

Definitely experienced, if a bit of a jerk. Although I've been seeing pretty good improvements, so do keep it up. smile