KinkyHobo's HoS & Mentor (either or) Application
Usual Character Name: Max Power
BYOND Username: KinkyHobo
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Times Available: Everyday , bar Friday, at random intervals between 10am -9pm dependant on my next Uni-Semesters timetable. (All GMT +0)

Reason for Application (300 word minimum): I decided that it would be best for me to begin taking this game more seriously and helping out the community more, rather than acting like a regular new player, despite the two, closely bordering 3 years, playing. I also felt that I could take a lot more enjoyment out of helping people off the bat with an actual title and taking care of some of the new-sec members who treat you like another voice without just as much power and beat to death a possible innocent member, just because someone has pointed a finger or two. I seem to be a general voice of reasons at time, but may take it a tad too far when I see justice not really being done, on several occasions I have acted out when I knew a character was being tortured for murder after someone else did it before me, standing by as R.D. wasn't really helpful and I had no general power. I only heard of this application today and felt straight away that it was probably best to sign up, I have always seemed to help people out, especially friends I've introduced to the game, but on quite a short level, trying to explain to them the basics of engineering, security, medicine, DWAINE (to much annoyance) and the actual basics, I've been commended by people who I have never known prior for the useful help and the ability to stick in role play, but still let people get to know the ins-and-outs of their newly found profession (except for Botany, in all my life I never want to step foot into botany again). Overall I feel that if I was granted access to being a Hos/Mentor people would be able to retrieve a lot more information out of me than they could ever fully need, it's all useful to have in the end though, we also may see a bit more of a brighter side with security, rather than just legal-thugs killing people with flaws.

Security Experience (300 word minimum):
-I've tended to switch more to Detective in my recent year rather than security as I feel that you are less likely to be tagged up by a syndie and killed due to your lack of main-security access, whilst still being able to do all of your active duties as part of security, including surveillance, reporting and, in-the-end, arresting. However, as detective I never really tend to do both of my main tasks, just smoking, as getting drunk on the job always ends badly. (I don't think I've learnt just how much mild-mannered Max Power can drink)

-I've spent a good year and a half as a decent security member now and always tend to watch out for those around the station, at times my voice seems to be a little weaker compared to others when it comes to wanting to brig people, rather than beating them up to a bloody-pulp in the hallway 'cause one guy made a bad chocolate cookie or another spilt Dr. Pubber on one guys newly cleaned lab coat. I have been slightly harsher when it comes to brigging people though, I have been told on several occasions 5minutes brig-time isn't fair for a murder case, when I felt it was, so reduced it to the lower time (as advised by a HoS). I keep a constant patrol around the station and actually have A4 pages printed out with my route and common places for attacks and most common hiding places from what I've witnessed. (The map-revolving changes shock me a little sometimes though for the first two games, so I go simpleton jobs)

-I tend to stray away from being Captain as I feel I'm more of a target, but still select yes, in case a more incompetent player, get's us wrecked in 3 minutes of starting the game.

Your opinion of Shrek (5 word minimum):
-Shrek (the film): I loved the first two, but it ended up growing weary on me, the romance-lovey-dovey shit of it all is something I'm not really into, it's like a hilarious rom-com that only so many problems can happen in. I haven't even bothered watching the third.

-Shrek (the character): God I love him, there are so many layers of feelings that green-ogre has that we'll never fully peel through.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will):
-On a drunken night I decided to go onto SS13, stupidly, as a detective, an engineer who was honestly just learning how to open doors attempted to break into my office, I proceeded to open the door and shoot him, as the projectile doesn't really kill people, I then strangled him to death.
The admin took me to the cell-room (that flashing one with just one tile per character) and asked me why I did it, I gave my stupid reasoning and added back that it was silly thinking back and apologised. He then gave me another chance but spawned me as a monkey, a comet then hit the station so I said:
"This monkey's in the house now niggers, but shit's going down-town in the hood"
-Reason banned then said "REALLY? "Monkey373 chimpers: ""This monkey's in the house now niggers, but shit's going down-town in the hood""?"
Looking back, it was a little silly. Banned for 400 hours.

Thanks for reading.
I kinda recommended him for this application, so it's a +1 for me.
He's helpful, practical and generally just a good player.
Thanks.
so i still have no idea what to say here but i told him i'd post so HERE GOES

From what I've seen (which i admit is very limited) he seems like a cool guy. He isn't too brig-crazy, and, while he could stand to have a little more fun at his job, he at least doesn't actively ruin other people's fun for no reason, which makes him at least a little cooler than the average sec officer we see 'round these parts. I think he's the right kind of guy not to abuse his power as head of security, so he has my vote, I suppose.
Thanks for that mate.
I've seen him playing around here and there and he seems like a fun loving security officer who knows where to draw the line. A little advice though, when you're feeling temperamental, like earlier today when you admitted to being a bit grumbly due to some sort of sickness, try to avoid security. You weren't being awful or anything but nobody likes a rude officer even if he's doing his job properly.

That's a yes though.
Yeah, I may calm it in bar work for a bit, thanks though.