Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bring back having to bring the syndie nuke to the station
with around 50% of syndie rounds now, the syndie team's strategy ends up being "run to the station as fast as possible, blow up the cap's room, take the disk, win" causing rounds that end in 10 minutes and don't let the crew really do anything except yell at the captain over OOC after the nuke goes off.

something i think could make this less of a problem is bringing back the old way of winning nuke, which was that the team has to plant the nuke on the station and set it up then try to evacuate back to the shuttle

this would both give the syndies a reason to come back to the station, so that security has more than one chance to hit them, as well as giving the crew more of a job instead of "get shot at by syndies" as they go and look for the nuke

also this seems more fun than just locking the syndies up for a few minutes
oh jeez that snide comment at the bottom was supposed to be tiny now i look like an asshole
Deploying the nuke on-station and having to defend it during the countdown is already probably gonna go into the planned nuke mode revamp. So, uh, yes.
Hey Cogs, are the nuke operatives ever going to get some better weapons than the same pistols and shotguns the station uses (and the one shot RPG)? It'd be nice to get some automatic weapons, and even something like a drum-fed grenade launcher (load throwable grenades into it!)
As a syndicate operative, one can carry, on their person, an RPG with multiple shells, a cyalume saber, a derringer, a revolver with multiple clips, multiple thermite breaching charges, a few donk pockets, and what basically amounts to an industrial space suit. That is rather frightening, one-man-army levels of power right there. Syndies do not need "better" weapons, what they have available is MORE than enough.

Though a few more unique toys to play around with to set them further apart from a typical rampagey traitor would be cool.
What the syndies really need is: 1. FUKKEN TEAMWORK and 2. Duck tape (c-saber arm surgery!?) to stick their c-saber to their arm so they don't get disarmed and murder by a staff assistant (this happens so much). And yeah I agree with Bane, syndies don't really need anything more powerful. They have so many tools are their disposal already.

I feel like syndie players should actually listen to the syndie commander too. I mean I know most of the time people don't care about chain of command but I feel like with nuke, teamwork should be a key point. It's the only round type that involves a group of antags working together towards one goal. I also think having to move the nuke to the station and guard it is a big step in the right direction.
Also, this might be a dumb idea but would it be possible to make whoever gets to be the syndie commander based on the age of the byond account/amount of time played/being a mentor?

we really need a edit button...
I do agree syndies need teamwork far more than they need additional weaponry. I've gone entire syndie rounds in which the syndie channel was completely silent and getting other syndies to acknowledge your presence was an exercise in futility. The current implementation really does support one guy blitzing to the station, blasting the captain in the face and rushing back as fast as possible, with everyone else just getting in the way. So a more teamwork based mode would be appreciated. But yeah, I think syndies have enough weaponry. One thing I would like to see is having the syndie base come with a way of turning a dude into a syndieborg, but that's slightly off topic.
I thought the syndicate shuttle came with a syndieborg kit.