Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AI cameras and the Wizard's den
This is a bug that is potentially round revealing in the fact that the AI's cameras allow it to determine if there is going to be a wizard.

How? When you play as the AI and a Wizard speaks over the radio and you click their name to track them while they're at their den it shows the brig instead of the usual "unable to track" message.

Method to reproduce it:

1)Be the AI (not deployed in one of your shells)
2)Wait for a Wizard to say something over the radio
3)Click the wizard's name
4)The camera will show you the brig if the wizard is in his den
People are unable to track when either
1) they are not on the same z-level of the current AIs camera network
2) they are inside something: crate, pod, closet, portabrig etc.

So no it's not a bug.

And while that particular camera will give a tip to the AI, a wizard speaking is still some guy with wierd name talking.
And with a normal name, unless requesting the AIs attention, why would the AI zoom on them?
I thought the AI was unable to track people with Syndie IDs, or people who had no ID whatsoever (Syndies, Wizards, etc).
Silly me, I forgot the syndie id. Yes that does stop the ai from tracking you. Syndies also each start with one. Wizards can be tracked fine. Them warping around stops the tracking which has to be restarted, and as wizards usually have no id them putting on a mask makes them "unknown"s, which helps against some AIs. (Also putting on other peoples id with a mask)
You don't actually need to wait for the wizard to say anything. His name will appear in the track with camera list even if he's on his ship, so if an AI just looks for a dude with a funny name on the lists it can determine the round type really easily. So yeah, it should probably get fixed or something.
The fix is the Ai player yelling wizard before any steps on the station getting a timeout for metagaming.
Iatots Wrote:The fix is the Ai player yelling wizard before any steps on the station getting a timeout for metagaming.
you got it