Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make flashers HoS only
These things are so obnoxius and awful. They should only be used during emergencies yet normal officers set them up all over. Put them in the armory.
Agreed. They can be legitimately useful, but only during specific situations. They don't need to be always be available.
I disagree, flashers should remain where they are.

Just make the punishment for setting up flashers in dumb places harsher.
I always put these things in the armory whenever im HoS and it would be nice if they just spawned there.
Winklabom Wrote:I disagree, flashers should remain where they are.

You have officers setting them up every round at the brig entrances. I was on a round with 9 people and they still set them up.
They are annoying but not overtly useful, you can counter them with sunglasses, blindness, or a welding mask. I actually vote no on this one.
Which completely pisses off everyone with thermals. Walking is the only way around and even then someone else can trip it.
Ali0en Wrote:
Winklabom Wrote:I disagree, flashers should remain where they are.

You have officers setting them up every round at the brig entrances. I was on a round with 9 people and they still set them up.

I feel that setting them up in security/brig is perfectly fine because it serves as an obstacle to the inevitable flood of staff assistants that just rush into security the moment the door opens. This has happened at least 4 times out of 6 when I played security.

What I'm against are shitcurity griefers that set flashers behind bushes or in the middle of popular corridors. These are rather common but not common enough to justify making flashers HoS only like phasers and other lethal items.

If a sec dude is being shitty with a flasher, just ahelp it.
The flashers are great for singling out shitty sec officers. I've seen a dude completely lose his shit on another officer after he set one up inside of security and it ended up blowing up into a giant round spanning feud between them. If some jerk sets one up outside of security just walk up to it when nobody is around and wrench it off, you don't even need a sec ID to do it.
Flashers are an interesting tool and I only really saw grief with them in the first couple days after their introduction. That said, they are a powerful tool and I wouldn't mind the HoS having control over their deployment.
I suggested before that flashers should have a smart trigger where they scan someone's ID card (or lack of) before going off.

Just going to throw that out there again.
Ooh, here's an idea: Have them flash people under the same criteria as the securitrons would arrest people. That is to say, any unauthorized weapon-toting personnel or anyone set to arrest in the records.
The problem is that people set them up behind those dumb bushes where you can't actually see them. Did they ever get around to fixing the fact that you couldn't un-wrench them from back there?
Crumplehat Wrote:The problem is that people set them up behind those dumb bushes where you can't actually see them. Did they ever get around to fixing the fact that you couldn't un-wrench them from back there?

I can't speak from experience but the changelog says that Hull "Did something about flashers behind shrubs"
Yeah flashers hidden behind bushes will burn them down when they go off now.