Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tie genetics research to the research mainframe
because it is fun to mess with geneticists
To mess with the geneticist just throw a lighter on their stacks of paper and start sending beaker bombs of smoke powder and mutadone.

Of course making the genetics computers into dwaine computers could mean I could do my "Change dwaine MOTD" gimmick to the genetics as well.

except you have to sign in and sign out of a computer for a new message of the day to take effect.
I'm going with a no on this one. First of all, I don't know how you would be able to merge the two...and secondly, genetics is already perplexing enough to the untrained mind. Adding all of the TermOS bullshit would make things harder on budding Geneticists, especially because Geneticists use their computers way more frequently and intensively than any other field. Also, the simple ability to "fuck with genetics" doesn't really seem to adequate a reasoning.

Leave the geneticists alone, they just want their eye lasers and self-immolation.
If we going to go suggesting things that ruin the fun of geneticist, why not just suggest that every 20 minutes the room will be filled with mutadone smoke.
Hey if you really want to ruin their fun, why not just have the room explode when they finish researching the injectors?
If you want to mess with geneticists just go fiddle with their APC.
no the ultimate jerkyness you could do to genetics is suggest signalers be attachable to apc wires.

You could hold genetics APC for ransom.

Hulk for stable power that doesn't short out at the flip of a button.
hatmadder Wrote:Hey if you really want to ruin their fun, why not just have the room explode when they finish researching the injectors?
Natsumehack Wrote:If we going to go suggesting things that ruin the fun of geneticist, why not just suggest that every 20 minutes the room will be filled with mutadone smoke.

Deal.
hatmadder Wrote:Hey if you really want to ruin their fun, why not just have the room explode when they finish researching the injectors?
Isn't this already a feature?
Marquesas Wrote:
Natsumehack Wrote:If we going to go suggesting things that ruin the fun of geneticist, why not just suggest that every 20 minutes the room will be filled with mutadone smoke.

Deal.

As someone who tries very hard to be a geneticist that isn't shit (ie, ignoring dead bodies and being a jerk), can I at least ask that you wait to do that until something is done about mutadone's decay rate? There was another thread about that already. You only need 1 unit to lose everything, you don't need to be smoked with 500 units that will last forever and prevent any future mutation.
Crumplehat Wrote:As someone who tries very hard to be a geneticist that isn't shit (ie, ignoring dead bodies and being a jerk), can I at least ask that you wait to do that until something is done about mutadone's decay rate? There was another thread about that already. You only need 1 unit to lose everything, you don't need to be smoked with 500 units that will last forever and prevent any future mutation.

I support that sentiment, doing genetics research is probably one of the more boring things to do with the added problem that a lot of antags target the cloner and people get pissed when you somehow miss their body rotting in the morgue. Also you rarely get good powers until the very end of the round where they are pretty useless except to survive the shuttle chaos.
I honestly would rather think of ways to improve the way geneticists can do their work. For example it would be neat if the morgue alert wasn't just tied to PDA messaging since those can be missed or turned off. An alert light or something would help, maybe a window that let's you see into the morgue.
The other problem is that if you're a nice geneticist and ask if people want some powers you get at least three people storming your lab and hanging around until they get powers while stealing from the corpses, messing around on your console and, possibly scrambling a monkey with a good mutation. If you have injectors that problem get's magnified because people start fighting over the cooldowns and wasting injectors on whatever is in the scanner. And that's without people actually trying to mess with you.
I'll actually make a new thread about improvements I can think off...
Idea: require a genetics access id to use the research console. We already have this for the qm console.