Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pod Maintenance Panel
Maintenance panels for pods that are 2x2 tiles in size always have their maintenance panel in the bottom left tile of the sprite, regardless of which direction it's facing. This is a pretty minor thing, and it sounds like it would be a Byond issue, but I figured I might post this here to get a definitive "This can be fixed"/"It's a Byond thing." The issue isn't that hardware can only be managed from the south west, but that you can click anywhere and get the prompt that lists systems to show up, it's just that removing them doesn't actually do anything when you're not at the bottom left. Might cause confusion to players who aren't aware of this or are new to pods. If this isn't fixable then maybe add a "The maintenance panel is on the lower left side of the ship, you must access it from there." prompt when a player tries to access the ship systems from anywhere but the bottom left.
Yeah this has been a long time running thing with pods. I never figured it was a bug, just figured that was where the maintenance panel is located.
I was told it's a leftover from when pods/ships in general were only one panel in size. Apparently it just hasn't been updated yet.
Same thing with the pod exit point.
This has been around since I joined. (About July/Aug of 2013) I vote it's a feature!