Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LLJK 4 Survival Tips?
Always greet Death with a smile.

Sometimes it smiles back.
Try hard but not too hard is probably the best advice anyone can get.

As for me sometimes I greet death with a hug, and sometimes I punch it in the face repeatedly until I die or I live.
I'm a very rude dude on LLJK4. Having played it, I've learned that sometimes, if you really want to do something cool, you might have to fight to get to the part of the station you want to get to. Horrible stuff is always happening, and sometimes you'll find yourself in a sticky situation having to deal with a rude dude, security, or some mobs attacking the station.

run from antags unless you are ganging upon on them with someone who has a gun

useful things for dealing with rude dudes:

Spray bottle (can be loaded with all of the combined poisons from ??? bottles. Really screws people up but usually doesn't kill them unless you hose them down. Great for shitsec.)
Welding tools (does a lot of burn damage and can break down all kinds of stuff. needs fuel though)
Bushes (can hide from people chasing you or wait by doors until someone uses them so you can follow them into sec and steal shit)
Disposal chutes (click the chute first, then drag yourself in so you still have the menu open and can flush yourself) You can also throw rude dudes in the garbage if they are causing problems in your workstation. Hopefully it won't kill them.
RADIO (people will do a lot of crap on hearsay alone. if you see something. say something.)
Use a screwdriver on a flash and attach a battery to it.
Chairs and suplexes are great. If you flip someone while grabbing them, or flip off of a chair onto someone, you will both be stunned for a little while, but they will be stunned just a little longer than you.
Chimp AI is robust as hell. The best way to kill them is by choking them. Another good idea is to open their inventory and put knives/poisonous pills in their hands. They will absolutely wreck anybody who accidentally punches them.

You can cook things like stun batons into pies and when you throw them at people, you can stun them from a distance, which is awesome.

Reagent extractor is your friend. Getting a bunch of nanomachines from roburgers and loading them into a smoke bomb is a great way to turn a rude dude into a helpful borgo. Nanomachines will turn chimps into securitrons, which are never helpful, except that if you can destroy it, you get a free stun baton.

Strange reagent is wonderful for bringing people back to life if you can't make it to medbay, but you have to heal the corpse first or it will explode upon revival. Also will not work if brain/skull/heart is missing.

BE READY TO GET DISGUISES. If someone has it in for you, they usually don't have time to mouse over you and read your name. They identify you by your clothes. I evaded a HoS for a whole round until he somehow got himself killed by just dressing like security and wearing a gasmask.

Treat every round like you might have to become an antihero. Don't be an ass enough to get banned for it. Be polite to Admins.
Sometimes if you see an antag the best thing to do is nothing. Don't say anything or do anything until they are gone. Sometimes this works. If you don't bother them hopefully they won't bother you.
Zadeon Wrote:Sometimes if you see an antag the best thing to do is nothing. Don't say anything or do anything until they are gone. Sometimes this works. If you don't bother them hopefully they won't bother you.
Fuck that, rob them first chance you get!
Hufflaw Wrote:Fuck that, rob them first chance you get!
Hufflaw Wrote:Fuck that, bully them first chance you get!
Hufflaw Wrote:Fuck that, rob them first chance you get!
I'm a Hufflaw. :feelsgood:
Zadeon Wrote:Sometimes if you see an antag the best thing to do is nothing. Don't say anything or do anything until they are gone. Sometimes this works. If you don't bother them hopefully they won't bother you.
It's worth pointing out that, while useful for avoiding getting killed if you don't feel confident enough to take on the antagonist, too many people being in this mindset can quickly lead to no one being able to stop the antagonist. Spaceman Bystander Syndrome is a real bitch sometimes. Sometimes, it can be equally useful, if not more useful to rush the antagonist with the preferred improvised weapon of your choice, or taking and using any dropped weapons. And don't always count on security to take care of things; they may not be skilled enough, or may not even exist in the given round!
The AI is your friend. Usually. If it's not rogue, just ask it to let you into wherever it is you want to go. It'll probably do it.

Coffee is also your friend. It's cheap, warms you up, lets you resist stuns and makes you go fast. Keep your caffine levels high, call for help and flee from all dangers.

Things to run away from:
  • Vehicles.
  • Fire.
  • White dots.
  • Everyone in Maint.
  • Anyone who gets within 3 tiles of you when you're alone.
  • Anyone holding a weapon, no matter who. Even sec. Even the captain. Especially the captain.
  • Anywhere where you get a no oxygen or temperature warning.
  • Anyone who's pacing back and forth, or isn't obviously doing something at the moment.
  • Bushes.
  • Anyone who talks to you while you are alone.
  • Anything that you don't know what it is.
haha fuck my tags
Grek Wrote:The AI is your friend. Usually. If it's not rogue, just ask it to let you into wherever it is you want to go. It'll probably do it.

Coffee is also your friend. It's cheap, warms you up, lets you resist stuns and makes you go fast. Keep your caffine levels high, call for help and flee from all dangers.

Things to run away from:
  • Vehicles.
  • Fire.
  • White dots.
  • Everyone in Maint.
  • Anyone who gets within 3 tiles of you when you're alone.
  • Anyone holding a weapon, no matter who. Even sec. Even the captain. Especially the captain.
  • Anywhere where you get a no oxygen or temperature warning.
  • Anyone who's pacing back and forth, or isn't obviously doing something at the moment.
  • Bushes.
  • Anyone who talks to you while you are alone.
  • Anything that you don't know what it is.

White dots???
Noah Buttes Wrote:White dots???

Sleepy time gas?
NO2, yes. Always run away from NO2. Unless you're good enough at the game to know when to ignore my advice to always run away like a coward. Then maybe just get internals.