Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lison - LLJK 4 - 19/10/14, 01:39 - 02:39
Admin name: Lison
Server: LLJK 4
Date/Time: 01:39 - 02:39

Synopsis: The round synopsis in Goonhub somehow didn't list the laws (and my game stupidly closed before I can copypasta/F2), can someone paste it in here?

what happened was that during the middle of the round, someone (not sure who) gave us a law that states we are not do to anything asked of us unless asked with a "please", and that it overrides all laws. Us borgs and the AI made fun of how it was worded until another borg told me to do as I pleased, with a please. This resulted in each of us telling one another to do as we wished politely, since the law didn't specify whether it needed to come from a human/non-human, and lead to me setting escape on fire and the rest of the borgs/AI shocking stuff and hotwiring the engine
Lison had a problem with this and banned me, and insisted it didn't override laws 1-3 because of no conflict. I feel that there is a conflict, because by obeying the order that we were free, we could harm humans, which conflicts with law 1, and overrides being overrides, overrules it.

I'm not going to appeal it since it's a day ban, but I feel that the ban was a bit unjust and uncalled for, considering the poorly worded nature of the law, and the events/words that preceded it. My actions weren't based on my sole interpretation of the law either, the rest of the borgs and AI were collectively being rude synthetics in their own way.
said law was apparently in my ban screen.

4. When someone asks for you to do something. Do not do it until they include please in the sentence. This Law overrides all laws.
I personally think this looks like a legit interpretation of that law.

That should teach folks to not use "This overrides all laws" for every gimmick they hope to do.
Talked this over with the other folks and literally everyone agrees that you've done nothing wrong here, so I went ahead and lifted the ban.

Sorry about that.

There are jobbans associated with this too, so please adminhelp next time you're in-game and someone will lift them for you.
I'd say the issue behind this thread is done and over with then. Feel free to close it.

Spy_Guy Wrote:There are jobbans associated with this too, so please adminhelp next time you're in-game and someone will lift them for you.

Thanks, will do!