Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phasers only work on centcomm Z-level
Hello yes this was brought to my attention recently while I was trying to figure out why phasers were so bad. It appears phasers only seem to operate correctly on the centcomm z-level.

I've also been told that this has been brought up before, and that the reason this probably hasn't been fixed yet is that the phaser uses really old code.

PLEASE fix phasers, these things are really cool, and would be even cooler if they actually worked properly. I also wanna write up a really big dumb suggestion thread about them, but can't do that if they don't work properly.
DyssalC Wrote:Hello yes this was brought to my attention recently while I was trying to figure out why phasers were so bad. It appears phasers only seem to operate correctly on the centcomm z-level.

I've also been told that this has been brought up before, and that the reason this probably hasn't been fixed yet is that the phaser uses really old code.

PLEASE fix phasers, these things are really cool, and would be even cooler if they actually worked properly. I also wanna write up a really big dumb suggestion thread about them, but can't do that if they don't work properly.

Could be just because it was fixed, but no one said a thing, but I was using a Phaser today, and it worked on Station.
Perhaps I should go into more detail.

Yes, you can fire phasers on all the z-levels, not just the centcomm one, but the centcomm one is the only place it really works properly.

Yes, SOME of the mods do work, like the singularity mod and battery extension mod, but the majority of the mods don't actually work and the weapon itself doesn't work as intended or even at all. I even JUST NOW double-checked to make sure of this.

Sometimes when fired they won't even produce a projectile. When it does produce a projectile you'll come to find that it did absolutely nothing. It works on mobs sometimes, but even when used against mobs the weapon still suffers from lower than it's supposed to be damage and a lack of mod functionality. The projectiles also don't travel diagonally, not that that even matters when the weapon itself doesn't really function properly.

At the moment it's just a noise make that requires more power to make the funnier noises, or a laser tag gun if you're being generous (and not shooting diagonally).

pls fix