Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cyborg Discussion (Cogwerks)
Chemistry borgs require a lot of extra knowledge about Chemistry, and even then it can take a long time to prepare the chemicals you need. And even after you do, it's easy to go through them very quickly. In the absolute best case, where a chem borg has 100 units of smoke materials in 2 beakers, they have 5 shots of smoke before they're tapped. There's also a real problem with firing off your shots, too, since you have to manually pour them all into a 3rd beaker. That's slow in the best of times and can take an eternity if BYOND is feeling particularly shitty that day.
Coolguye Wrote:Chemistry borgs require a lot of extra knowledge about Chemistry, and even then it can take a long time to prepare the chemicals you need. And even after you do, it's easy to go through them very quickly. In the absolute best case, where a chem borg has 100 units of smoke materials in 2 beakers, they have 5 shots of smoke before they're tapped. There's also a real problem with firing off your shots, too, since you have to manually pour them all into a 3rd beaker. That's slow in the best of times and can take an eternity if BYOND is feeling particularly shitty that day.
The way most people smoked was keep phosphorus, sugar, and one of the ingredients for whatever i'm making in one beaker (30 units) and then put every chemical except the one chemical you put with the phos/sugar, and add in potassium instead. (stuff can be swapped around, depending on what you're making)
Which, at least if things haven't changed since I used Chemistry last, still consumes an absolute metric assload of everything, even if you only add a dropper of potassium.
The mini chem master in chemistry borgs doesn't give an option to analyse the chemical in your containers, it probably should.
Medical borgs having scalpel and saw seem a little useless right now.

As a borg you can't actually put anyone on an operating table to operate on them. Also stuff like removing butts is harmful so you can't do anything even if people were on the table. The only use is to hit people with them when rogue.
I still think Forensic borg is the best way to go for replacement secborg.

I was thinking it would be kind of cool if in addition to forensic analyzer and evidence collecting gear, it could have a reagent scanner. It could scan dead bodies to check for traces of poisons or other items. Perhaps a forensic borg could also scan for implants and stuff, giving security the ability to check for freedom implants and other secret implants as well. It would be a walking forensic kit, but totally harmless besides perhaps planting evidence on dudes.
Maybe medical cyborgs should get a grabbing arm to put people on the table?
Dauntasa Wrote:Maybe medical cyborgs should get a grabbing arm to put people on the table?

I agree, and also for chucking humans in the Genetics cloning scanner. I think it would be interesting if the medical borg had a device that could grab up to 'aggressive' but no further. but if that borg were to be emagged he would be able to enter the standard KILL choking grab that humans have. Note that if the laws are changed but the borg is not emagged the borgs would still not be able to choke out human victims, with the reasoning that the borg designers crafted that grabbing arm with inherent power control safeguards.
I guess the borg would still be able to smash humans into windows and floors and the like, but its not like they don't have other more powerful weapons anyway.
I-Sett Wrote:
Dauntasa Wrote:Maybe medical cyborgs should get a grabbing arm to put people on the table?

I agree, and also for chucking humans in the Genetics cloning scanner. I think it would be interesting if the medical borg had a device that could grab up to 'aggressive' but no further. but if that borg were to be emagged he would be able to enter the standard KILL choking grab that humans have. Note that if the laws are changed but the borg is not emagged the borgs would still not be able to choke out human victims, with the reasoning that the borg designers crafted that grabbing arm with inherent power control safeguards.
I guess the borg would still be able to smash humans into windows and floors and the like, but its not like they don't have other more powerful weapons anyway.
I'm pretty sure that the gentle grab is all the cyborg needs to perform surgery and clone people.
Aggressive grabs would lead to pain.
Bump, give construction borgs metal sheets. You can't build cool space forts without it.
Oh uh i hastily hit post, but uhh allow cyborgs to unlock their interface, too.
Standard cyborgs and medical cyborgs should have gripping claws, allowing them to pick up medium to large sized items ( Small ones are... too small) and grab people with the aforementioned safety guard.

also i'm not sure but if brains are small items they should be changed to medium, brain's are really quite large anyway's.
Shoddy Wrote:Standard cyborgs and medical cyborgs should have gripping claws, allowing them to pick up medium to large sized items ( Small ones are... too small) and grab people with the aforementioned safety guard.

also i'm not sure but if brains are small items they should be changed to medium, brain's are really quite large anyway's.
Your brain can't be that big if you're on SS13