Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spooky monsters + ghouls of sci fi.
Aliens and robots are pretty scary right?

Some suggestions for Changelings:
  • 1) Let changelings move through all pipes.
    2) Make them highly resistant to all damage, remove stamina and make them extremely vulnerable to burn.
    3) Let changelings pry open doors.
    4) Let changelings pry open and destroy APCs.
    5) Restrict amount of changelings to 1 max in a mixed round.
    6) Allow changelings to change their face to unknown by morphing it's face.

And some suggestions for Cyborgs:
  • 1) Cyborgs should be able to be lit on fire, but only stage 1 burning which does considerably less damage to them relative to a human.
    2) Let cyborgs grasp medium sized objects only.
    3) Let every cyborg have APC power adapters.

Some of these are pretty tenuous suggestions for me, like cyborgs grasping objects. However I do think changelings need to be a bit scarier to deal with, and cyborgs shouldn't be impervious to fire.

What do you think, person who bothered to read this?

confused
So you want to make the changeling a 1v1 powerhouse AND 1vgroup powerhouse, give them more sneaky and stealthy ways to weasel away from combat, and give them access to everywhere?

I don't see the balance here. You'd need to add some more downsides to make that balanced, because making it so there is just one doesn't change that, if anything that just means it'll take the crew longer to figure out there's a changeling, thus less time to form a ling search party, thus making them much less prepared for ling combat.
Yep, point is to make changelings really difficult to deal with without proper tools, while also limiting their numbers and making them extremely susceptible to proper tools (a flamethrower, which anyone can make comes to mind)

I basically want the changer to become more thing-ish.
Changelings really, really do not need a buff, in my opinion.
Abominations already CAN pry open doors if I remember correctly. They're also supposed to already be susceptible to burn.

Also, why should borgs burn? They're space-age steel and metals. Besides, we need SOMETHING that's capable of managing those fucking engineering hellburns.
Borg APC power adapters would be a pretty neat upgrade module
Frank_Stein Wrote:Borg APC power adapters would be a pretty neat upgrade module

Kind of the exact opposite of the cell cables? Sounds cool.
I still kinda want robotics to have it's own eventual Frankenstein.

Like maybe as a traitor thing, or a Halloween only thing that makes robotics interesting for that day only. Or even just some zlevel specific gag that lets the crew revive people in a cool way.

(on success message)
You strike the corpse with a bolt of lightning... IT"S ALIVE.
(on fail message)
You strike the corpse with a bolt of lightning.. ew smells like burnt flesh.

Of course franken crewman shouldn't actually be able to talk, his face is stapled shut.

That said giving ling lots of OP stuff is kinda lame unless it's something like a Halloween gag where the sole point is to have a scary antagonist and candy.
As I thought 2) is out ta the question, but I feel as though the others are better, two most important really is vent climbing.

Also changelings can tear down window grilled in human form, so I think it no stretch that they could fuck with power and be all spooky.