Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wizard spell: Explosive Runes
It looks like regular graffiti... but when you read it.... BOOM.

That's basically the whole idea.

Pros: Many

Cons: A few

Discuss/Make reasonable suggestions below.
this is a good idea
I think you should get the message, and then boom.

SO the wizard could write things like.

"If you are reading this, you are dead."
The problem is once everyone knows about this spell's existence, it's trivially easy to avoid: just don't read any graffiti.

What if a wizard could magically enchant random things, so that when those items are examined, they trigger the explosive effect? Would be harder to avoid.

'This is a buttbot. Inscribed on it in arcane writing are the words 'Gotcha, sucker'.' BOOM
Roomba Wrote:The problem is once everyone knows about this spell's existence, it's trivially easy to avoid: just don't read any graffiti.

What if a wizard could magically enchant random things, so that when those items are examined, they trigger the explosive effect? Would be harder to avoid.

'This is a buttbot. Inscribed on it in arcane writing are the words 'Gotcha, sucker'.' BOOM

How powerful are these explosions in the first place?
Well, I don't know exactly what everyone else has in mind, but personally I think they ought to be about the size of a PDA bomb explosion - debilitating, but fairly localized and not generally outright lethal.
Roomba Wrote:Well, I don't know exactly what everyone else has in mind, but personally I think they ought to be about the size of a PDA bomb explosion - debilitating, but fairly localized and not generally outright lethal.

So can robots set them off, or only PC humans?