Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cyalume sabers should block other sabers
For sweet swordfighting action

Just have it work like Disarm protection does to melee hits
Weavel Wrote:For sweet swordfighting action

This is a good idea, I recently had a saber battle with a "Corrupted Jedi Master" and it was really lame having one hit on your enemy before they go down and you win.
Walrus Wrote:

This is a good idea, I recently had a saber battle with a "Corrupted Jedi Master" and it was really lame having one hit on your enemy before they go down and you win.

[Image: HSqQvpE.png]

That wasn't you was it I had that saber fight with was it??
If this becomes a thing I'd almost want captain to have his own captain sword so he could get into duals with traitors.
On guard!

But yes to cylume saber duals.
atomic1fire Wrote:If this becomes a thing I'd almost want captain to have his own captain sword so he could get into duals with traitors.
On guard!

What if the captain had some kind of special sword that could block A C saber.

Why can't we duel with normal knifes.
Jean-Luc_Picard Wrote:
Walrus Wrote:

[Image: HSqQvpE.png]

That wasn't you was it I had that saber fight with was it??

No, it looks like it was the same dude you fought, just in a different round. He had the super rainbow saber as well as the jedi getup.
Cyalumes ought to not stun on a single hit, either. Two whacks before you hit the floor?

Massive, MASSIVE amounts of brute, as always, but knock the stamina loss to -50 per hit or something to keep the fight up.

(And leave the one-hit stuns to the red chainsaw!)
Natsumehack Wrote:
atomic1fire Wrote:If this becomes a thing I'd almost want captain to have his own captain sword so he could get into duals with traitors.
On guard!

What if the captain had some kind of special sword that could block A C saber.

Why can't we duel with normal knifes.

How about C-Sabers have a 70% chance to block hits from other C-Sabers. The various knives have a 25% chance, a toy sword has a 10% chance, and the captain gets a Fencing Foil that pokes somebody for no damage, but can block 80% of hits from another bladed weapon?

"Syndicate Dan swings his Cyalume Saber at Captain Pubbie Smalls, but is deftly blocked!"
"Syndicate Dan screams!"
"Captain Pubbie Smalls farts loudly!"
Almost forgot, blocking should incur a stamina penalty, so even if you get lucky you're still getting worn down.
Captain_Bravo Wrote:How about C-Sabers have a 70% chance to block hits from other C-Sabers. The various knives have a 25% chance, a toy sword has a 10% chance, and the captain gets a Fencing Foil that pokes somebody for no damage, but can block 80% of hits from another bladed weapon?

"Captain Pubbie Smalls farts loudly!"
Captain_Bravo Wrote:Almost forgot, blocking should incur a stamina penalty, so even if you get lucky you're still getting worn down.

I sort of like the blocking ideas, but why can't it just be a simple mechanic? It doesn't need to have stamina shoved into it
Well, the thing is, C-sabers already have stamina shoved in them. They do complete stamina loss, right? That's why they knock you unconscious?
Captain_Bravo Wrote:Well, the thing is, C-sabers already have stamina shoved in them. They do complete stamina loss, right? That's why they knock you unconscious?

I actually don't know, I haven't used one since stamina. If it does, my bad im dum!