Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hydroponics Feedback
bladex454 Wrote:There should be a disposal system that leads to either the kitchen or medbay because otherwise it takes time to send things. Also hybrid plants are fun.

You know there's a conveyor belt in Hydro's back room that leads to the Kitchen's back room, right? No convenient shipping to MedSci, though.
Yeah it gets saddening...frown but it is a new map so we do what we must because we can :?
step one: take crate of stuff you want medbay to have to the catering dock below the bar
step two: label it with a medsci dock barcode
step three: shove it on the launcher and yell "hey medbay, go get your crate"

wow you did it way to go

if you cannot be bothered to walk fifteen seconds outside of botany: try falling out an airlock instead
so yeah i did a bunch of shit yesterday, you can flush the contents of extractor containers now, you can do auto-extract
also certain plants have associated reagents now, and these can be spliced - so a hybridized lemon and orange will contain both lemon and orange juice
theres a rare chance for jumbo crops that contain more bites/reagents than a regular crop piece now too, it improves with the health of the plant but its still rare-ish
That is the most amazing undocumented update. My dreams of creating tomacco are finally realised.

Two bugs though!

1) The generation on hybrid (and regular? Haven't check those) plants keeps resetting to 0 or 1 between harvests. This was tested on tomato-cannabis hybrids.

2)Hitting the water tank with a can twice gives this message:

You fill the watering can with 120 units of the contents of the high-capacity watertank.
You fill the watering can with 7.62939e-06 units of the contents of the high-capacity watertank.

Also, does the new hybrid system play nice with making smokes?
1) The generation on hybrid (and regular? Haven't check those) plants keeps resetting to 0 or 1 between harvests. This was tested on tomato-cannabis hybrids.

2) Hybrids made from a mutant plant splice do not produce the mutant's chemical. For example, crossing recessive Chilly Peppers with grapes will yield grapes with capsaicin, rather than cryostylene. Likewise, recessive rainbow weed yields THC in the dominant plant, rather than LSD.

3)Hitting the water tank with a can twice gives this message:

You fill the watering can with 120 units of the contents of the high-capacity watertank.
You fill the watering can with 7.62939e-06 units of the contents of the high-capacity watertank.

4) When one plant in a strain gets a gene strain, all of the other plants with the same common ancestor (harvested or not. They may also be linked to the same pot, as on closer inspection, a second 'branch' that lacks the green grape mutation is unaffected) acquire it. This is particularly bad when your stockpile of perfectly good fruit for seeds suddenly manifests the seedless trait. This makes using mutriant directly a very risky proposition.

5) Special plant nutrients are taken up at an absurdly slow rate. Directly applying Fruitful Farming Formula and its kin pretty much guarantees you'll have a bonsai plant for the rest of the round, with genetics that suggest a yield of over 100.

Finally, I know that botany is currently a potentially lag-inducing thing, but its really improved a lot recently. I'd love to see it keep growing into a better and better thing.
Hybrids made from a mutant plant splice do not produce the mutant's chemical. For example, crossing recessive Chilly Peppers with grapes will yield grapes with capsaicin, rather than cryostylene. Likewise, recessive rainbow weed yields THC in the dominant plant, rather than LSD.

When one plant in a strain gets a gene strain, all of the other plants with the same common ancestor (harvested or not. They may also be linked to the same pot, as on closer inspection, a second 'branch' that lacks the green grape mutation is unaffected) acquire it. This is particularly bad when your stockpile of perfectly good fruit for seeds suddenly manifests the seedless trait. This makes using mutriant directly a very risky proposition.

Special plant nutrients are taken up at an absurdly slow rate. Directly applying Fruitful Farming Formula and its kin pretty much guarantees you'll have a bonsai plant for the rest of the round, with genetics that suggest a yield of over 100.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=934
I apologize if you're not still looking for suggestions, but this is the single most aggravating thing to me when it happens, and I'd feel remiss if I didn't bring it up. Trying to compost spare seeds and accidentally chucking important harvests in the damn thing fucking kills me. Is there any way we can get an overhaul to the composter? Even something as simple as giving it the same ability to distinguish stuff as the produce satchels? Being able to drag seeds into it, and only compost seeds would go a long way towards improving hydroponics, especially with the increased importance of composting with the updates.
If a produce satchel is only filled with seeds or fruit, the prompt to put seeds, fruit, or everything on the PlantMaster III shouldn't show up.
Anticheese Wrote:4) When one plant in a strain gets a gene strain, all of the other plants with the same common ancestor (harvested or not. They may also be linked to the same pot, as on closer inspection, a second 'branch' that lacks the green grape mutation is unaffected) acquire it. This is particularly bad when your stockpile of perfectly good fruit for seeds suddenly manifests the seedless trait. This makes using mutriant directly a very risky proposition.
Could you rephrase this a bit, I can't quite parse it.
Sorry, I wrote that at 4am and, lo and behold, its the same time now.

Let's back track a bit.

I spliced species-dominant grapes with species-recessive cannabis. After the first harvest, I planted the seeds in two different pots, giving me pots A and B.

Pot B was only harvested once, leaving a pile of purple grapes. Pot A acquired the green grapes mutation, and was regularly re-planted.

After three more generations from Pot A, it picked up the drought resistant gene. All the other harvests from previous generations of Pot A displayed that trait as well. The purple grapes from Pot B were unaffected. Pot A then manifested the seedless trait, which again, was applied to all the previous harvests from Pot A.

However, the maturation rate, potency and other such values didn't change between the generations of grapes from Pot A.

In summary, special genes such as "seedless" or "stunted yield" appear to be retroactively applied to harvests from before the gene appeared.
How about adding some mutations to the grass plant? Been testing mutations on everything and keep wishing there were more things to do with this plant.

It could have different colors to harvest, from blue grass to snowtiles. Botany could grow bushes and do a bit of landscaping around the station.
Captain_Bravo Wrote:I apologize if you're not still looking for suggestions, but this is the single most aggravating thing to me when it happens, and I'd feel remiss if I didn't bring it up. Trying to compost spare seeds and accidentally chucking important harvests in the damn thing fucking kills me. Is there any way we can get an overhaul to the composter? Even something as simple as giving it the same ability to distinguish stuff as the produce satchels? Being able to drag seeds into it, and only compost seeds would go a long way towards improving hydroponics, especially with the increased importance of composting with the updates.
This should be fixed now
Haven't really gotten a chance to code in the last few days so please bear with me on anything I haven't been working on or implementing
I think something has glitched out, plants don't seem to move past their bud state, regardless of their maturation rate.
mozi Wrote:I think something has glitched out, plants don't seem to move past their bud state, regardless of their maturation rate.

Actually it's more of a sprite updating problem.