Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gorillamydreams LLJK4 (server 4) october 9th at 1 AM
Admin name: gorillamydreams

Server: Server 4, LLJK4,

Date/Time: October 9th at 1 AM

Synopsis: So I was an AI and I was setting up (you know, setting my name and such) but then I had to go to bed, so I closed the application and went to bed, I came back to find I was banned for 24 hours (I think it was 24, 9 hours had passed and it says I have 15.5 hours left) with the reason "Logging off five minutes into the round as the AI without informing us, or at least the crew. Do not do this as the AI". I understand I did something wrong, but can you please not give me a 24 hour ban just because I had to go to bed?

To make matters worse this is actually the first time I have actually done this, and I've been a member of your commuinty for about a week now. I am not really mad at the staff or even Gorilla, I just want this issue recognized because I had no choice but to do it.

Log:
Code:
You have been banned. Reason: Logging off five minutes into the round as the AI without informing us, or at least the crew. Do not do this as the AI.
Banned By: gorillamydreams
(This ban will be automatically removed in 15.8 Hours.). If you believe you were unjustly banned, head to the forums and post an appeal.

Extra Information: I would have posted an unban application but apparently they do not take kindly to 24 hours or under, which I can understand, its rather annoying when somebody say, posts an unban application for a 2 hour ban.
Forgive my double posting, but I could not find an edit post option,

Let me elaborate by saying that I am not mad at any of the staff nor gorillamydreams, I just want this issue recognized that I was not trying to break any rules or do anything bad, and that I feel I should not have been given a 24 hour ban right off the bat.
http://wiki.ss13.co/Rules#When_to_use_adminhelp
http://wiki.ss13.co/Rules#Warnings_aren.27t_required

I personally don't doubt you weren't intentionally trying to break the rules or cause grief by leaving. However, you did break a rule in such a fashion that nobody could talk to you about it, meaning that this was the only way to address the issue.

In the end, you weren't banned for going to bed; you were banned for leaving one of the only important roles in-game without giving us a heads-up that you needed to leave first.
I understand warnings are not required, nor am I saying I didn't break any rules, but I think a 24 hour ban for a first offense is a bit overkill.
You had played for five minutes into the round before screaming 'BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH' and then logging off. The round had gone into 15 minutes by the time we started getting complaints about a braindead AI and when I came on you were braindead. It's like the reason says, if you have to leave as the AI, inform us or at LEAST inform the crew.
I understand this, but don't you think 24 hour ban was a bit overkill for a first offense?
Any less time on the ban and it probably would have expired before you came back. And he couldn't talk to you, as you had left. It seems reasonable.
Not really, cause now I have to miss out on another day's worth of SS13 (the ban was at 1 AM, i.e when I went to bed, so I kinda can't join for the entire day now)