Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adjust Mutadone
I've noticed, over the course of my genetics, that mutadone, as is, will linger in your system for a significant time period after ingesting it. This, surprisingly enough, serves no beneficial purpose, as mutadones effect is instantaneous, As soon as its injected into your system or swallowed, it will instantly remove every single mutation you have, bringing you back to default baseline normal. After this point, mutadone will continue, in any quantity, to cure any additional mutations that occur, which has little practical purpose as mutadone is pretty much the last drug you use after treating someone whose swallowed something crazy like mutagen or is irradiated, unless they have the radiation gene itself (which I personally don't agree with but thats a seperate issue). As genetics is the big source of mutadone, often times people will want super powers afterwards, however they will be forced to wait up to 10 minutes for the mutadone to wear off before this is possible, which is a giant unneccesary pain in the ass that serves no practical purpose, as even when fighting a genetic super soldier they cannot acquire all powers immediately after losing them to mutadone. So I think it would be better to make mutadone much like Styptic powder, Silver Sulfuzine, or Synthflesh, in that it almost immediately ticks out after usage, serving a decent immediate purpose but not being completely insane for its abilities.

Tlbig grinR: Mutadone takes way to long to purge from system and should purge quicker, as its actually a mild annoyance as is.
I use it as smoke to griff geneticists.
Amuys Wrote:I use it as smoke to griff geneticists.
That's hilarious but you're a god damn monster.
One traitor round I walked into genetics, hyposprayed mutadone into both geneticists, and had one chase me through belt hell with no internals all the way to the bar. Good times.
I remember one round as geneticist where me and someone else were working on superpowers, we had injectors and thats when the mutagen smoke started.

Cruel cruel monsters ruined my attempt at super powers, I had to repeat a couple times because the mutadone in me. It also converted all of our monkeys that we had given powers into people.
Isn't it just a matter of there being too much mutadone in each pill - like in every other chem pill available from Medbay? If you actually plan on using mutadone, spend thirty seconds in the pharmacy to break them into more appropriate doses in order to minimize that side effect, just like the doctors have to do with calomel, mutadone, charcoal, and salbutamol pills.
Paineframe Wrote:Isn't it just a matter of there being too much mutadone in each pill - like in every other chem pill available from Medbay? If you actually plan on using mutadone, spend thirty seconds in the pharmacy to break them into more appropriate doses in order to minimize that side effect, just like the doctors have to do with calomel, mutadone, charcoal, and salbutamol pills.
I've yet to see a doctor deliver controlled dosages of calomel. Even I don't do it and I know that it's too damn much.

But ya, just pop open a med locker or grab a beaker from the chem counter, pop a pill in there, and syringe as much as you want into you.