Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to undo secure safe/briefcase access panels
I think I may be missing something here, but using a screwdriver on a secure safe/briefcase seems to have no effect whatsoever.

Examining a secure safe gives the lines:
This is a secure safe.
A extremely tough secure safe.
The service panel is closed.

That last line makes me think it would be possible to screwdriver it open and have at it, but currently the only way that it seems possible to open any of them without knowing the code is to emag one open, which is understandably a real ass to do as a non-traitor
You can actually guess the codes easily if you spend some time figuring it out. It's like mastermind with unlimited tries.
After trying again, you are right about the mastermind thing. I had heard it had something to do with a multitool and the access panel but clearly not, you just need to slap in the code and read the message it gives you.
That said, the message doesn't appear if you are attempting to input the code while the briefcase is in your hand - you still need to drop it and work it out from there
It used to be like that and might still be on other servers, but it was changed a few months ago. The access panel description might be referring to the buttons, or it could be an artifact of when you used to be able to access it.