Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just had a ling round
Killed more than half the station singlehandendly. Victims can't even be cloned. Can you please make it so changelings make henchmen instead of husks when they suck?
It feels like lings had the smallest amount of work put into their code and are by far the least fun for both the antagonists and the victims. Traitor or wizard rounds would have been far better. Vampires suck too, but at least they have more options.
the main problem is that theres no way to make changeling fun the way it is now, its entirely based around finding people, killing them and making them uncloneable. there's little room for gimmicks or fun stuff besides finding creative ways to get victims
How to win as ling:
1. Get hand tele and set it to diner
2. Find your victim
3. Drag him into the portal with you
4. Eat and then gib the corpse
Repeat steps 2-4 ad nauseam.
Amuys Wrote:How to win as ling:
1. Get hand tele and set it to diner
2. Find your victim
3. Drag him into the portal with you
4. Eat and then gib the corpse
Repeat steps 2-4 ad nauseam.
You guys are aware you can use strange reagent to revive someone (they will have a massive fucking amount of brute and suffocation damage however), and you can then have the gimmick of dozens of living husks roaming the station.
In my last ling round, I had a gimmick where I made tons of Shitty Bill/stable mutagen pills, and after assuming his form, went around acid spitting people and forcefeeding the pills to them. When they woke up, you got Shitty Bill screaming about how he was an evil ling. Eventually I was eaten by a rather less interesting ling.

So I dunno, there's room for gimmickry, especially with mimic voice and such. I do agree with all the ling's powers and objectives being so murder-oriented, there's not all that much room for coming up with anything beyond a plan to kill people as fast as possible. Maybe giving them objectives that don't require depopulating a third of the station each might help, like some of the more freeform traitor objectives.
Roomba Wrote:In my last ling round, I had a gimmick where I made tons of Shitty Bill/stable mutagen pills, and after assuming his form, went around acid spitting people and forcefeeding the pills to them. When they woke up, you got Shitty Bill screaming about how he was an evil ling. Eventually I was eaten by a rather less interesting ling.

So I dunno, there's room for gimmickry, especially with mimic voice and such. I do agree with all the ling's powers and objectives being so murder-oriented, there's not all that much room for coming up with anything beyond a plan to kill people as fast as possible. Maybe giving them objectives that don't require depopulating a third of the station each might help, like some of the more freeform traitor objectives.

Yeah, you can make it fun if you take the effort. Toy with the crew, and spread panic. Stealth sting people in open areas with a lot of people so no one is certain who did it. I like to leave my husks out in the open, or gift wrap them and personally deliver them to the robotocist. By the way, I'm pretty sure you can revive husks using the brain. Either borg them, or stick the brain in a nonhusk corpse in good condition before cloning.
also you can clone husked people if you remove their brain and put it in a non-husked corpse then clone said corpse
hipBEE Wrote:also you can clone husked people if you remove their brain and put it in a non-husked corpse then clone said corpse

Did they fix the whole turning a husk, into a monkey and back way to clone husks?
Natsumehack Wrote:
hipBEE Wrote:also you can clone husked people if you remove their brain and put it in a non-husked corpse then clone said corpse

Did they fix the whole turning a husk, into a monkey and back way to clone husks?
since you can't turn husks into monkeys anymore i guess?

You can put a brain into a monkey's corpse and clone that to get a human with the monkey's name, though.