Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get rid of waveguns
A one shot knockout, with burstfire and more ammo than any gun in the game? Who thought these were a good idea?
Berrik Wrote:A one shot knockout, with burstfire and more ammo than any gun in the game? Who thought these were a good idea?
People actually use wave guns? 90% of the time they are used is as a last resort as you can use tasers and lasers to down people far more easily. Unconsious isn't that useful when any gun actually will down you, so all it does is decrease chance of being caught in doing so.
Sam Guivene Wrote:
Berrik Wrote:A one shot knockout, with burstfire and more ammo than any gun in the game? Who thought these were a good idea?
People actually use wave guns? 90% of the time they are used is as a last resort as you can use tasers and lasers to down people far more easily. Unconsious isn't that useful when any gun actually will down you, so all it does is decrease chance of being caught in doing so.
I once killed ~20 people with a couple of wave guns. They're unconscious, so they can't scream for help, and it lasts long enough to strip them and toss them out an airlock
Taser bolts, amplified vuvuzelas and .38 Spc stun bullets are based around stamina as well. Point-blank, every type of projectile drains 275 stamina, so being knocked out (the threshold is around -50) isn't unique to waveguns. They do however combine a large magazine capacity (20) with a burst-fire mode, and this could use some adjustment. For comparison, an energy gun can fire 13 taser bolts or 8 lasers.
I think the bigger problem is that they're available from QM. Maybe stick only one in the armory instead? Or at least make it a big item like the Red Chainsaw
Wave guns are just ridiculous, yeah. A single shot KO'd me as a nuke op hyped up on syndie donks from half a screen away a few rounds back, and the number of wizards they've terrorized is sad. The huge ammo capacity, the fast projectile speed, and that it can KO at long distance make it a favorite of vigilante HOPs.

They're better than a taser in every way, just get rid of it and replace it with a taser crate. Unlike the laser guns it doesn't even have any telescience application.

I wonder if the decay function on projectile strength isn't working right on wave guns, based on my nuke op experience above. Syndie donks aren't stimulants but should let you eat some taser fire before you go down, right?
Going to have to agree, they seem to be from the older bits of code and need some adjustment or just plain removed.

The shots travelled at least 20 tiles last time I used it.
Conor12 Wrote:Going to have to agree, they seem to be from the older bits of code and need some adjustment or just plain removed.

Oh, in that case yeah, why not nerf them into something more amusing than practical, like something that makes things oscillate or some crap or shakes the screen and is in general annoying.
Sam Guivene Wrote:
Conor12 Wrote:Going to have to agree, they seem to be from the older bits of code and need some adjustment or just plain removed.

Oh, in that case yeah, why not nerf them into something more amusing than practical, like something that makes things oscillate or some crap or shakes the screen and is in general annoying.
Why can't we turn the thing shot pass thur people, and only make them flip.

Think of having a line of people all flipping because someone shoots this into them.
I say they either should be moved from qm to armory or cost 10k or be big or have 1 shot or 3
I still don't even know what the different wave gun settings mean.
Update: It has been discovered that somebody switched the values for "Energy Cost per Shot" and "How Dangerous this Stupid Energy Bullet is."
One of those two is a much larger number than the other.
Wait, is that for all energy guns? Is that why tasers cost 15 energy per shot now?
Dabir Wrote:Wait, is that for all energy guns? Is that why tasers cost 15 energy per shot now?

IIRC tasers were given more shots per full charge after it was changed so that you needed ~2-3 stuns to fully bring someone down rather than sniping someone with a lucky shot from across the screen.