Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's try this...
Hey, I wanted to try my hand at some sprites in my spare time since I saw multiple threads about needing them for item-arms, reward skins, themed worlds and just in general. Just started a quick little Ironman costume:
[Image: G9eNIPK.png]
(just the front so far)
However I wanted to ask a few questions:
  1. Is there a way to see what kind of sprites already exist in the game?
    I'd hate to redo something that is already there and it would help to have reference images for certain things.
    I'd also like to have a basic sprite for the new walls, if I decide to try my hand at themed worlds, and for the AI.
  2. Is there any difference between cyborg and human costumes?
  3. Could a reward skin replace the base sprite of a human or cyborg?
    Like the lizardman mutation or the automaton model so that other costumes would layer on top of that.
  4. Are there any palette restrictions to the sprites?
  5. Which sprites can be animated?
2. Borgs and humans share the same clothing sprites.
4. nope.
5. any sprite can be animated.
UmmonTL Wrote:Is there a way to see what kind of sprites already exist in the game?
Aside from looking through 4407, you're basically just gunna have to ask.

UmmonTL Wrote:I'd also like to have a basic sprite for the new walls, if I decide to try my hand at themed worlds, and for the AI.
I'll post 'em when I wake up, sure.

UmmonTL Wrote:Could a reward skin replace the base sprite of a human or cyborg?
Like the lizardman mutation or the automaton model so that other costumes would layer on top of that.
This is currently how the automaton reward skin for borgs works, yeah. I'd have to look into how to do it for humans but it's certainly possible there as well.
Alright, done with the Ironman suit, I even made a fat version. The idea being that it's more of a spandex costume than a real suit and just stretches for the big guys. I also made a KO sprite with the eyes and chest darkened.
[Image: UQqg1gB.png]
Oh that reminds me, it needs an item sprite, gonna do that now.
Made a series of items, suit, mask, suit&mask and the ironman briefcase.
[Image: VVDRdUT.png]

And now I guess this would still need sprites for how it would look once in hand for the different perspectives?
Or would a reward skin not need that?
Also, am I missing something or is the editing option disabled for this forum?