Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Put a list of the medals on the wiki
Along with what they're awarded for. I have 50 medals and I have no idea what most of them are even for.
Berrik Wrote:Along with what they're awarded for. I have 50 medals and I have no idea what most of them are even for.

This is a Terrible Idea, If people put up how to get a medal, then where is the fun is finding them.

It's like the secret Chems.
Natsumehack Wrote:
Berrik Wrote:Along with what they're awarded for. I have 50 medals and I have no idea what most of them are even for.

This is a Terrible Idea, If people put up how to get a medal, then where is the fun is finding them.

It's like the secret Chems.

There is nothing fun about finding the secret chems.

Also, there's no description for the vast majority of the medals.
Berrik Wrote:There is nothing fun about finding the secret chems.

First off, the fun part of chemistry is spending a shameful amount of time trying to figure out a secret chem, because having something like Initro or Boosteers isn't fun, it's when all your efforts come to fruition and suddenly you did the thing you wanted to do for a very long time and now you have a beaker full of hopes and dreams.

But, on topic, I personally don't think how to get medals should be on the wiki. I, too, would like to know what a lot of them were for, or why I have the ones I have, but I think that it would encourage people to go out and do something once just to make their Medals++. As medals stand now they are inherently worthless, save for the ones that grant achievement items, and I think that's the way it should stay. I would not be opposed, however, if a list of all medals, their descriptions, and whether or not they offer an achievement item was released on the wiki. This, at least for me, would not be over the line, as it does not reveal any new information, just makes already accessible information more accessible to people who are starting out the game and are wondering, "What is a medal anyways?"
I support fishdance2 on both points.
Who gives a shit if someone wants to go and do something just to get a medal? Why does it even matter?
Berrik Wrote:Who gives a shit if someone wants to go and do something just to get a medal? Why does it even matter?
no one gives a shit
which is why no one is going to make a list
because no one gives a shit

also, some medals give secret outfits n shit so it kind of fucking defeats the point of having them in the first place if you could just look up how to get them.
Finding the medals based on very obscure, kinda funny hints is part of the fun, and most of them are easy to figure out. "Fell down the stairs" needs you to be beaten up, "humanoid must not escape" needs you to die on escape shuttle, "it's a me, Mario!" Requires you to flush yourself down a pipe, etc.

The ones that are hard/impossible to figure out like "Newton's crew" or "icarus" are usually obscure prizes for secrets or doing specific joke actions.

If anything, I think you should be able to see what got you a medal AFTER you did it, not before, but I'm not sure even that is a good idea because having all these obscure trinkets for things I don't regret remember doing is kindof the joke
UrsulaMejor Wrote:Finding the medals based on very obscure, kinda funny hints is part of the fun, and most of them are easy to figure out. "Fell down the stairs" needs you to be beaten up, "humanoid must not escape" needs you to die on escape shuttle, "it's a me, Mario!" Requires you to flush yourself down a pipe, etc.

The ones that are hard/impossible to figure out like "Newton's crew" or "icarus" are usually obscure prizes for secrets or doing specific joke actions.

If anything, I think you should be able to see what got you a medal AFTER you did it, not before, but I'm not sure even that is a good idea because having all these obscure trinkets for things I don't regret remember doing is kindof the joke

I guess I better go find some wax wings and fly into the solarium's sun.
Natsumehack Wrote:
UrsulaMejor Wrote:The ones that are hard/impossible to figure out like "Newton's crew" or "icarus" are usually obscure prizes

You're not too far off
UrsulaMejor Wrote:
Natsumehack Wrote:
UrsulaMejor Wrote:The ones that are hard/impossible to figure out like "Newton's crew" or "icarus" are usually obscure prizes

You're not too far off

Don't tell me, my wings need to be made of bees wax?
UrsulaMejor Wrote:Finding the medals based on very obscure, kinda funny hints is part of the fun, and most of them are easy to figure out. "Fell down the stairs" needs you to be beaten up, "humanoid must not escape" needs you to die on escape shuttle, "it's a me, Mario!" Requires you to flush yourself down a pipe, etc.

Fell down the stairs is an award for pushing someone over!

Some medals are unobtainable or broke, the whole section seems neglected.
Conor12 Wrote:

Fell down the stairs is an award for pushing someone over!

Some medals are unobtainable or broke, the whole section seems neglected.
oh my bad, i guess beating someone until they fall down was a false-positve :x
A lot of them are self explanatory if you think about them. Or just outright are.

Like Banned.
The vast majority of the medals are far from self-explanatory.